Thursday, August 27, 2009
It's time once again, to join Sonya over at Truth 4 the Journey for Thankful Thursday. It's the one day of the week that we purposefully stop and give thanks to the One that blesses us far beyond what we deserve.
It seems as if busy would be an understatement lately and I feel like I've been letting so much fall by the wayside. You see, I have a blessing/curse personality.....things must be organized and in order---I'm not obsessive, but almost---and when they're not, I feel like chaos has walked in and shoved me under and I can't get up enough to catch a breath of air....I've went around for this whole week chanting to myself, "I am where God wants me to be. I am where God wants me to be."
So, since "I am" sitting at this computer, here goes my 5 thankfuls for this week.......
1) I am thankful that my Dad's tests went pretty well yesterday. The blockages that were at 60% two weeks ago are now down to 25%. However he does still have a blockage of 80% in a main artery in his heart, so that means a stint for that artery in September. He did well yesterday however. I do ask you all to continue to pray for his salvation. His health is important, yes, but his eternity is so much more so...
2) I am thankful for the spoken word from God that DD got this past Sunday morning. It was an answer to one of the biggest prayers that DH and I have been praying for quite some time. The change in her thinking has been a total miracle this week. Satan is still trying to prod her and bring up past incidents to confuse her, but she is fighting him back with the Word and prayer. She is a very private person, but took the huge step (for her) this week to include several people outside our family to help keep her accountable.
3) I am thankful for new friends. This past Friday I was able to meet fellow blogger Lori from That's So God, her 2 sweet daughters, Sarah and Hannah, and the newest addition to her family, Anna. A person can never have to many friends or family in Christ and I'm thrilled that my family has gotten bigger!!
4) I am thankful for the relationship that my two children share with each other. I admit that there have been times, even in the last year, that I've wondered if they even liked each other--but I stand in awe when I see that every thing they've been through has just brought them closer together.
5) I am thankful for an awesome husband. I've mentioned before how demanding and high stress his job is. A couple of unplanned hours away from his job can cause him days of work. At a moments notice he dropped everything to go with me to the hospital yesterday and just sit. Even though we leave on vacation in 5 days. Even though this will make his next 2 days at work unbelievably stressed, he dropped it all to support me and my family. I am married to the most amazing man on the planet!!..