Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Family Favorites

This is a recipe that I made for the first time only recently and it has quickly become a family favorite!!

If you love pecan pie, this is going to twist your socks!!! I was really surprised at how much like pecan pie these bars tasted and a bonus.....they are SO easy to make!!!

As always, if you enjoy these leave a comment and let me know!!!!

Caramel Pecan Bars


1 Cup butter
2¼ Cups packed brown sugar
2 Eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1½ Cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 Cups chopped pecans
Confectioners' sugar, optional


1. In a saucepan, heat butter and brown sugar over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, vanilla and butter mixture. Combine flour and baking powder, gradually add to the butter mixture. Stir in pecans.

2. Spread into a greased 13x9x2 inch baking pan. Bake at 350ยบ for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs and edges are crisp. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Cut into bars


I got this recipe out of Taste of Home's, The Ultimate Cookie Collection.

8 comments:

Collette@Jesuslovesmums said...

One word - YUM!
Collette xxx

Andrea said...

Sounds yummy.....think you could just whip them up and zap them to me. hahaha!
Blessings, andrea

Beth Herring said...

Nothing quite as good as easy but fabulous recipes. Much better than a hard to make pie!

Greg C said...

I love pecan pie and this recipe sounds easy so I am going to give it a try. Thanks.

Jennifer said...

With the extra folks in the house this week - these are perfect!! Goodness, so much for my sugar-free life!! Can't wait to try them!

Loriann said...

sounds yummy!..... when will you be in town? Getting together would be fun... My # is 430-4289, why not call me on thursday and touch base, maybe we can meet at the park or something, also i can come to the hotel or something...? I would love to see one of my prayer partners.... what a blessing... Much Love and prayers, Lori and girls

Loriann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Loriann said...

Hey Deb,
just a thought on the kids...
sometimes you have to pray...
I Sam. 1:27
"For this child I prayed; and the LORD hath given me my petition which I asked of him: "

just a thought and a sent up prayer or three... (O:
Much Love and Prayers,
Lori