As I've posted this week, it's been a long, difficult week for me....and it's not over yet. I've found myself tired, frustrated and very angry with the same God who has blessed me beyond belief.
Thankfully He has been patient and listened to my tirades and my silence and with that.........
1) I am thankful that I have a God Who loves me unconditionally. He is such a patient Father....I can learn a lot from His example..if I just would.
2) I am thankful for wonderful, godly friends who have lifted me up in prayer this week when I have refused to call out to the One Who has all the answers.
3) I am thankful that I will be able to go with DH to Montgomery overnight tonight. He has a conference tomorrow and so I will have a few hours that I'll need to kill, but we'll have some much needed and wanted one on one with the drive and the hours that he's not in conference.
4) I am thankful that God answers prayer and this week has said, "No."
5) I am thankful for fun times with DS. Fun times with an almost 17 year old son went this way:
Son: "I'm turning off your fans" (I'm boiling some fresh green beans for supper and it's HOT in the kitchen!!!!!)
Me: (grabbing a bottle of Glade air freshener) "Don't do it!! I'll spray you!!!!!!!"
Son: "You wouldn't!!"
Me: "You know I would...." (So I did!!!!!!!!)
Son disappears and returns with his Tag body spray
Son: "Let's dual..."
Me: "Your on!!!!!!"
And the awful mix of Tag and Glade fills the air.......
Much laughter and gagging smells later, he heads for the shower and I sit at the computer smelling my son's scent in my hair. It's a wonderful thing........
"....And always be thankful." Colossians 3:15b, NLT