Saturday, August 8, 2009

Psalm Saturday



On Saturday's I join my friend Collette over at Jesus Loves Mums for Psalm Saturday.

A Psalm Saturday post will consist of a Psalm or a portion of one that spoke to you at some point throughout the week.

How about joining Collette and sharing your Psalm for this week??

Psalm 13

" O Lord, how long will you forget me? Forever? How long will you look the other way? How long must I struggle with anguish in my soul, with sorrow in my heart every day? How long will my enemy have the upper hand? Turn and answer me, O Lord my God! Restore the sparkle to my eyes, or I will die. Don't let my enemies gloat, saying, "We have defeated him!" Don't let them rejoice at my downfall. But I trust in Your unfailing love. I will rejoice because You have rescued me. I will sing to the Lord because He is good to me." NLT

There are times when I am like David. Everything just seems to be crashing in all around me. I feel like satan is attacking me on every level from every angle. I feel like for every step I take forward, I slide two back.

At those times, I too, cry out to God..wondering if He's forgotten me or left me alone to be devoured by that roaring lion. It seems that no matter what I do..how much I pray, praise, or stay in the Word, satan is victorious over me.

But then I reminded, where is my faith? In Whom do I trust?

In those times I must remember that if He never poured out another blessing, my salvation is blessing enough. He rescued me from the very pit of hell!! How much more do I require???
God has been so faithful, even when things didn't go the way I wanted them to, because His way was better.

I will sing and praise Him. Why??

Because He is good to me......

3 comments:

Collette@Jesuslovesmums said...

Loved this passage Deb! He really is an awesome God isn't he? I was thinking maybe I should use that free Mr Linky thing next Saturday and we can all see each others easily?
Collette xxx

Andrea said...

Beautiful Psalm!
Blessings and prayers, andrea

Jean said...

Thanks, Deb, for the beautiful reminder that God always cares for us, He never forgets us.

Jean
http://www.jeanmatthewhall.blogspot.com