Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey

Today's the day I join Sonya over at Truth 4 the Journey for Thankful Thursday.

This is one of the best times of the week because it causes me to pause and reflect and just thank my Father for His blessings instead of always coming to Him with another request.

Here goes my 5 thankfuls for the week.....

1) I am thankful that I don't have to go back to the Dr for 5 months. Since the lump scare in January, I've been going every 2-3 months for a recheck. As of Monday, there has been no change so Doc decided to stretch the time frame a bit farther!!

2) I am thankful for a wonderful hubby!!! Tuesday night I had so much I needed to get done, but I really need to vacuum the pool since DD had a friend coming over to swim. Anyone with a pool knows that maintenance is very time consuming!!!....anyway...my DH (without me knowing) brought my laundry in off the line and broke the beans I had picked earlier. Then he got in the pool with me for a bit. Afterwards, he helped me do the dishes and straighten the kitchen....all after 8½ hours of maintenance at the hospital....He TOTALLY rocks!!!!!!!!!

3) I am thankful that DD got to go to church last night. Her job has kept her away for the last 4 Wednesday nights and since changing churches, she hates to miss.

4) I am thankful for 2 crockpots and a bread machine. I could help but get tickled yesterday. On my kitchen counter sat a 6 quart crockpot with a roast in it. A 4 quart crockpot contained potatoes au grautin and the bread machine was busy baking bread. It was quite a sight but it sure was nice to enjoy a 'real' meal on a Wednesday night!!

5) I am thankful that we are counting down until vacation. Only 3 more weeks!!!!!!!!............(now if we could just decide South Carolina or the Gulf!!..........)

"Enter His gates with thanksgiving, go into His courts with praise. Give thanks to Him and praise His name."
Psalm 100:4, NLT

8 comments:

Collette@Jesuslovesmums said...

Hi Deb!
Great list! What is a crockpot? I have a slowcooker? is it the same thing?
Collette xxx

Jane In The Jungle said...

Amen sister for crockpots.....
great list!!

Sarah said...

Oh crockpots and bread machines, yep, I'm thankful too.

Thanks for splashing all of us in thankfulness today.

Hugs from Costa Rica,
Sarah Dawn

Andrea said...

Praising GOD with you that you do not have to go back to the dr. for 5 more months. GOD BLESS, andrea

Pam D said...

Counting down to vacation??? We have sneak a peek today, and school starts MONDAY! I think you can ramp up that particular item to VERY thankful. Seriously! Oh, we had an amazing speaker at school orientation Tuesday night. He's headmaster at the school featured in "Facing the Giants", and he was talking about Kingdom education and the parents' role in raising Godly children. It BLEW me away and fell SO in line with your post about teens. Girl, I wish you could have been there! Here are the basics (sorry to blow out your comments, but it was SO good!)
10 points on educating children:
First, the total education of our children is a primary responsibility of parents.

Second, this education process is a 24-hour,7-days a week process form birth all the way to maturity, which includes
schooling, church, and home.

Third, when you read scripture, the primary goal of education from God’s perspective is number one: that they come to know Christ the Savior and number two: that their gifts are honed and reach their full potential so they can really go out and serve Christ while they live here on earth. It’s a deeper meaning of discipleship than what’s usually used in the church, but that’s what discipleship really is.

Fourth, their whole educational system must be grounded on God’s word as being absolute truth and foundation for all knowledge.

Fifth, Christ, because of what he did on the cross, is supposed to be the preeminent person in the entire process. So he should be preeminent at home, definitely at church, but also in the schooling of our children.

Sixth, the education we give our children cannot harm them spiritually and morally. In other words, what they learned
in textbooks from philosophy and in classrooms or what they’re watching at home should draw them close to Christ, not push them away. The reality of Christ represents all of life and any time you push someone away from Christ, you’re pushing them away from the truth and from what matters.

Seventh, when parents do delegate this to others, they need to choose men and women who have the same worldview and belief systems and follow these same principles, so there’s a consistency in front of their children.

Eighth, when educational process is completely through, the students will be like their teachers. They’ll have the
same beliefs, values, motivations, and attitudes. That’s why you choose them[teachers] properly.

Ninth, the education we give our children is supposed to lead them to true wisdom and understanding according to the Proverbs. That’s done by connecting all knowledge to Biblical framework. This principle emphasizes there is no
such thing as spiritually neutral knowledge. Everything has God-intended meaning in it.

Lastly, tenth, since all education comes from some image we have of the future, we’ve got to make sure the image of the future we have in educating our children has an eternal perspective, not just a temporal or secular perspective as
we’re finding in secular education today.

He also said that children are God's homework assignment to parents, and he had us reeling when he asked how God would grade us if He called those "assignments" in right now. How would they rate? How would we do? It's pass/fail... do we want to hear God say "I'm sorry that I ever entrusted this child to you."? very, very convicting...

Pat said...

I like your list and the Crockpot cooking sounded great especially on a church night. I like your blog.

Yolanda said...

I enjoy being in the kitchen and I use my crock-pot and my electric skillet several times a week. GREAT INVENTIONS!

Have fun on vacation.

Lovingly,
Yolanda

SusanD said...

Hey Deb, Husbands seems to be in the lime light this week. Great list. Blessings, SusanD