Today's the day I join Sonya over at Truth 4 the Journey for Thankful Thursday.
This is one of the best times of the week because it causes me to pause and reflect and just thank my Father for His blessings instead of always coming to Him with another request.
Here goes my 5 thankfuls for the week.....
1) I am thankful that I don't have to go back to the Dr for 5 months. Since the lump scare in January, I've been going every 2-3 months for a recheck. As of Monday, there has been no change so Doc decided to stretch the time frame a bit farther!!
2) I am thankful for a wonderful hubby!!! Tuesday night I had so much I needed to get done, but I really need to vacuum the pool since DD had a friend coming over to swim. Anyone with a pool knows that maintenance is very time consuming!!!....anyway...my DH (without me knowing) brought my laundry in off the line and broke the beans I had picked earlier. Then he got in the pool with me for a bit. Afterwards, he helped me do the dishes and straighten the kitchen....all after 8½ hours of maintenance at the hospital....He TOTALLY rocks!!!!!!!!!
3) I am thankful that DD got to go to church last night. Her job has kept her away for the last 4 Wednesday nights and since changing churches, she hates to miss.
4) I am thankful for 2 crockpots and a bread machine. I could help but get tickled yesterday. On my kitchen counter sat a 6 quart crockpot with a roast in it. A 4 quart crockpot contained potatoes au grautin and the bread machine was busy baking bread. It was quite a sight but it sure was nice to enjoy a 'real' meal on a Wednesday night!!
5) I am thankful that we are counting down until vacation. Only 3 more weeks!!!!!!!!............(now if we could just decide South Carolina or the Gulf!!..........)
"Enter His gates with thanksgiving, go into His courts with praise. Give thanks to Him and praise His name."
Psalm 100:4, NLT