Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Random Dozen



Time to share a bit about myself by linking up with Linda over at 2nd Cup of Coffee for Random Dozen. I really love participating in this meme. The questions are fun (although sometimes the answers can be tough) and it's great to read how others think about the same things.

Click here to join us!!


1. Have you ever fired a gun or shot a bow and arrow?

Yes! I truly love to target practice. Of course, I'm more apt to use a rifle or a pistol now that I'm older since a shotgun will almost knock me off my feet now!!

2. Do you know where your childhood best friends are?

Some of them, yes. My best girlfriend in high school is actually the receptionist at our dentist's office so we get to see each other regularly!!

3. Do you usually arrive early, late, or on time?


Early! I'd rather be an hour early as a minute late.

4. Are you more of a New York or California type?

California...give me the beach baby!!

5. Do you have a special ring tone?


Nope.

6. What is your favorite type of chip?

ANY! But if I had to narrow it down...Munchos

7. Best comedy you've ever seen is ....

???????

8. Have you ever cut your own hair? To quote Dr. Phil, "How'd that work for ya?"


I do cut my bangs and the top of my hair regularly, but it's gotten so long in back I have to let the pros do that!

9. If you were going to have an extreme makeover, would you rather it be about your house or your personal self?

Oh my house...for sure!!

10. Are you allergic to anything?

Tetracycline and...get this...anchovies...

11. Why is it so hard to change?


Because change begins in our mind and it's hard to change what goes on in our mind in order to produce outward actions.

12. One last question dedicated to February love: CS Lewis said, "To love is to be vulnerable." Please share one example of that assertion or share any thought you'd like to about this topic.

When we make ourselves vulnerable we open ourselves up to be hurt and who wants to be hurt? But, oh the joys of true love far outway the hurt that may come along with that...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Allergic to anchovies? Huh. I think that's the first time I've ever heard that lol. I agree with you on the home makeover. That will do a lot for a home...but a makeover won't do much if what's inside a person doesn't match (how they feel) ! ;-)

Andrea said...

Update for Amden on arise 2 write.
andrea

SouthLakesMom said...

My son would think you are a goddess. He loves airsoft and shoots all the time with it. We've told him when he's 14 he can start shooting at the local range with a real weapon (with some other restrictions, of course!). He's really accurate right now, so it will be fun to watch him progress with this. He didn't get that accuracy from ME! LOL!

Mary said...

Love the Random Dozen.

Nel said...

Enjoyed your answers. I think we are in the minority when it comes to ring tones. I just use whatever is on the phone.

until next time... nel