Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Random Dozen



Time to share a bit about myself by linking up with Linda over at 2nd Cup of Coffee for Random Dozen. I really love participating in this meme. The questions are fun (although sometimes the answers can be tough) and it's great to read how others think about the same things.

Click here to join us!!

1. Are you pleasant when you're ill, or are you a grumpy, fussy patient?

I'm a "just leave me alone please, if I need you, I'll let you know" kind of gal!

2. When you find out that school is canceled (due to inclement weather) what is your gut reaction?

We homeschool.....school is NEVER canceled!!!

3. What is one domestic skill you wish you could improve?

Sewing. I see a lot of things that ladies make (especially you guys in blogland!) and I find myself thinking, "How cute!! I wish I could do that!"

4. Do you decorate your home for Valentine's Day?

Nope.

5. What song is on your mind today?

"There is a River"---we sang it at church last Sunday

6. Do you prefer contemporary movies or classic?

Classics

7. How well do you "compartmentalize" your feelings? For example, how well can you put aside a really trying moment to deal with the immediate situation which is not related to the trying moment, e.g., putting aside a tiff with your spouse in order to finish wallpapering a room.

I do pretty well here, but it's come from years of practice, conviction of the Spirit and lots of prayer!!

8. What is the first thing that attracted you to your spouse? (Or if you're single, to your best friend.)

His persistence!!

9. When was the last time your heart raced?

Monday!!! (Check out my post!!!)

10. What are your memories of Valentine's Day at school?

Making these huge paper heart containers and taping them to the side of our desk. Then on Valentines day, we could go by each other's desks and drop in our Valentines before school started.

11. If you were going to receive candy for Valentine's Day, which would you prefer?

I'd really rather not have candy (I love potato chips, remember??!!!!!)..but if I am going to get it, chocolate covered peanuts!!

12. Red or pink?

Red all the way!!!!!

3 comments:

Parsley said...

We have a lot in common...but I adore pink. ;)

Nel said...

I am with you on the candy, I can take it or leave it. But I sure wouldn't say that about a bag of chips!

until next time... nel

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Deb, I've been terrible at visiting the participants, but I'm so happy to meet you today. Thanks for playing along on the Random. And I love your blog design.