Tuesday, February 2, 2010

How Am I Doing??

As many of you already know, and for those of you who don't, I am one of the writers over At the Well. This opportunity has blessed me with a sisterhood of Christian women like none I've ever known. These women are strong, encouraging and faithful and I've come to love each one in their own way.

In January I did a post for At the Well (click here to link to that post) and the idea was to tell what was our goal, resolutions, directions that God was sending us for the new year.

I decided that month by month I would do a recap--a catch up of sorts--to share how I'm doing. Am I doing this to brag?? Uh...no. I'm actually doing this to keep me accountable an, as I've mentioned here and in that post, to make myself real to so many people who may read our blogs and think we've got it all together and there are no problems or struggles going on in our lives. I know that sometimes I read other's blogs and find myself thinking, "If only I......."

One thing I believe I've clearly heard from God was that this blog must be real.

So, here goes...

**I made a decision to be real with God. I'd like to tell you that I was faultless in January in my time spent with God. While I have done better, I have not been consistent with my daily quiet time. It has been hit and miss at best. Now, I could lay out every excuse in the book, but I'm not going there. Being real is being real, right?

So I press along, putting my fingers in my ears and telling satan to buzz off each and every time he tries to convince me that God doesn't love me as much as He does His other children because I don't spend enough time with Him.

**I also made a decision to get on the same page with DH concerning my spending and I'm pleased to say that I did really good last month. Making the decision to spend strictly cash was a very good step for me. Watching that actual cash dwindle away really puts spending in perspective!!!

**I committed, as well, to weed my time on this computer and even though I've added Facebook to my list of things to occupy my computer time, I have done a bit better at walking by and resisting the urge to see what's going on in cyber-land. I still thing I'm spending too much time on here and I still believe that I'm not spending the time I am on here wisely, but hey, progress is progress, right??

Well, there you have it. One month into the new year and I've made a couple steps forward and I'm still standing stagnant in others, but I am working with God now instead of against Him so I'm excited to see what He's got in store for me in February!!

And by the way--that 50 pounds I need to lose????--Only 2 this month. Haven't really tried, cuz you see, there was that leftover Christmas candy, and the trip to Gatlinburg and the fudge shops there and the...... :o)

4 comments:

Collette@Jesuslovesmums said...

I love how you said you are not fighting against God now! Sometimes it feels like that doesn't it? I admire your honesty and I think we all need to look over our lives in this way. I know I do!
Love Collette xxx

Unknown said...

Progress is progress-and I commend you for that! I'm so happy that you are trying to make changes and that you're being honest! It's so easy to kid ourselves...and everyone else! I just know that God is going to bless you! You inspire me!

I'm off to facebook to friend request you--I use the "pen name" Kristen Heartfull b/c it's mostly for blog purposes!

Unknown said...

I'm all about keeping it real! Thank you so much for sharing what you are struggling with and what you are succeeding at. I know it helps me to see other Christian women keeping it real and honest!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

You're so cute! I love how real you are and I so know that "computer pull". I fight it everyday. I'm doing better though.

Great post!

BTW, I'm left a comment for you on my blog. Here's your cyber hug back!

XO,
Jackie