Saturday, February 14, 2009

Cafe` Chat




Thought I'd participate in the chat over at the Internet Cafe today.
We were asked:

Tell of one specific time in your Christian walk that you were overwhelmed with God’s love for you.

There are so many times that God just comes in a overwhelms me to the point I can't hardly speak.

I find His love overwhelming me when I'm at the end of my rope, when I feel that the situation I'm in at the moment just won't let me go any farther. When I'm so tired that I can't even pray and Jesus has to step in and intercede for me because all I can do is sit in silence and tears before the Throne, God just wraps me up in those big ole' arms of His and holds me. While it's not a physical feeling I'm having, there is no doubt that the love of God is present and enveloping me in all that He is.

When I've "messed up" and I know that the decisions or the choices I've made is less than pleasing to my Father and I have to go before the Throne and confess that with a repentant heart....I'm completely overwhelmed by the love and grace of a merciful Father.

I'm so human and God is so God. Overwhelming love always comes to me when I'm before the Throne because I know what I am.....a very undeserving daughter of the King.

Blessings.....

7 comments:

Toknowhim said...

Thank you for participating today... Please come back weekly to share with all of us.

Blessings

Sharlyn Guthrie said...

"When I'm so tired that I can't even pray and Jesus has to step in and intercede for me because all I can do is sit in silence and tears before the Throne, God just wraps me up in those big ole' arms of His and holds me."

I had that experience just this week. It is very humbling, amazing, and overwhelming!

Wife of Rob said...

Thank you for the post...a very timely word for all of us!

Angela said...

I'm completely overwhelmed by the love and grace of a merciful Father.
amen amen amen. Thank you so much for such a poweful post.

Denise said...

Such an inspiring post, be blessed.

you gotta wonder said...

Well said.

And I'm glad to see you got the link working (per your last post it sounded like you were looking from some tech support).

Pam D said...

Yay... it worked! :<) You can link through the buttons now, and such a wonderful and timely post on which to get it to work! Very powerful.. and I'm glad to have been "a link in the chain"! Happy Valentines Day, right here at the end. I hope it was especially sweet....