It is so good to be joining up with Sonya over at Truth 4 the Journey for Thankful Thursday! It's one time of the week that I really look forward to. Not only so I can reflect on my thankfuls, but so that I can rejoice with you over yours!!
Let's go with my five thankfuls for this week....
1) I am thankful for a God Who watches over my children and keeps them safe. Until this week, it has rained almost everyday for the past 3 weeks. Very unusual for our area. This past Friday as DD was driving to work, she pushed on her breaks as she entered a curve. She lost control of the car. It went this way and that, spun around, jumped a curb and stopped against a two foot tall retaining wall. God used that tiny wall to keep her from going over an embankment and falling about 12 feet or so. What a mighty God we serve!!!!!!!!!!!
2) I am thankful for my best friend's new job. Due to circumstances out of her control, it was necessary for her to go back to work. A lot of time has passed since she began the 'hunt', but God was faithful and blessed her with a job that will work very well around her family's schedules.
3) I am thankful that DD has grown so much closer to God while she is in her dating sabbatical. She is a little over a month in, and it's amazing to see how much God has grown her, how many things she has worked through from her past and how hungry she is for anything of God.
4) I am thankful for the cooler weather. As I sit here at my computer, I am in my flannel pj's drinking some hot cocoa (from my homemade mix!!). The windows are open and it's a bit nippy in here. I love it!!!!!!!!
5) I am thankful for a very successful night with our church's first I Care ministry night. We were able to feed, do lawn care, demolition and construction for several families in need. It was an awesome way to watch God at work!!!!
"Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim His greatness. Let the whole world know what He has done. Sing to Him; yes, sing His praises. Tell everyone about His wonderful deeds."
1 Chronicles 16:8-9, NLT
For more Thankful Thursday, click here or on the links above.