Friday, January 16, 2009

Let Me Ramble

Isn't it amazing how quickly we get busy? How quickly time just gets away from us and before we know it, days...weeks...have gone by and we haven't gotten anything done like we'd planned!!

I have so many post ideas that I want to write and it just seems as if I can't get the time to write and when I have the time, all my ideas leave my brain! Could be my age...maybe....

I didn't spend much time on this computer yesterday simply because it was DD's 18th birthday. Even though she had to work, I had many things to do to be ready to celebrate when she got home.

I can't believe she's 18!!....It has passed by so quickly and I've been a stay at home mom since she was 1. She is so beautiful and so full of life and dreams. She loves her Jesus so much..which is the biggest blessing to me. Oh..I know she messes up...she's every bit a teenage girl!...but she is truly an awesome person and I'm so glad that God has allowed me the blessing of being her mom.

DH had a long, rough day at work yesterday and so I just wanted to bless his evening. He's over maintenance at our local hospital and just as he was getting ready to come home, he got a call about a major problem with some unit on the roof. I'm not sure about all the details, because a mechanical mind is NOT one of my gifts..period..at all..but anyway, he spent the next 3 hours on the roof with a technician, in 20º weather with a wind chill which made it feel like 9º. He was utterly exhausted when he got home and upset that we'd had to wait the birthday celebration on him. He's such a great Dad!!!

Today I get to spend the afternoon with my best girlfriend in the whole wide world. She is just a super awesome person and I love her with all my heart. She's trying to get her toes wet in the blogging world, so if you have some time, go over to Living in the Dash and say hi to my buddy Rhonda, I know she would love to hear from you!

To catch you up on some of my lifestyle changes:

I'm really working on my relationship with my Savior. I am being committed to having my quiet time as soon as DH leaves for work. Oh..satan has really been on me, especially this week as it's been so cold and kind of dark in the mornings when DH leaves for work. I look at that comfy unmade bed and everything in me wants to rip those covers back and jump in the middle, cover up my head and snooze for a couple more hours...but I haven't. I gather up my Bible and notebook and sit at my dining room table and spend time with my Father. And it's showed. This has been a very trying week on so many levels and He has been so faithful to me. For sure, I wouldn't have been able to hold my tongue a few times this week had it not been for Him.

My spending...or lack of...is good. I've been tempted, boy have I, but again, God has been faithful. My biggest unplanned purchase this week was this: I had to go to Wal Mart and get some bread and I went through the clearance toy aisle (remember...check those out for Christmas presents!!). I bought 2 Christmas gifts, one for a niece, the other for a nephew. I spent $7 on the gifts together and saved $23. DH was pleased at the savings.

The submissive wife thing was tested this week. DH needs a cell phone since DS turned 16 and started driving. (DH just gave DS his phone) DH doesn't want another contract though and in order to turn on our 4th line, we have to commit to another 2 year contract, even though we don't need the phone, just the line and SIM card. I really wanted to turn that line on, but DH said no and so I...dropped it. At least verbally I did..I'm still working on the mind submission..a lot...

My house is a little better, but my laundry room is a disaster!!! Guess where all of that stuff is going that I don't know quite what to do with yet??? But seeing as my laundry room is off my carport which means I have to go outside to get to it..and..considering it's been between 9º and 30º with the wind chill, I'm not too concerned with getting it together in there just yet!

Yes, this has been another rambling post and it's good to learn from each other, but it's also good to just share our lives.

Blessings.....

No comments: