Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Warming Home on the Cheap

I try very hard to allow God to direct my steps....even when my flesh is screaming, "NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT TO BE IN CONTROL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" It's not even remotely easy for me...but I do try....which explains why it took me a week to get my fall decos put where I want them!!


"The Lord directs our steps, so why try to understand everything along the way?"
Proverbs 20:24, NLT
"The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives."
Psalms 37:23, NLT
I thought I would share a couple of my favorite displays with you. But first...let me set the atmosphere.......

When you walk in, the smell of apple cinnamon and vanilla greets you. There are pumpkins, crows and scarecrows about the different rooms. The windows are open because the wind is gently blowing and there is a crispness in the air.

I want my home to be a place where you feel welcomed and we can relax and chat while enjoying a steaming cup of hot apple cider.

Most everything I've bought to decorate with has been purchased at dollar stores and yard sales. It doesn't take much money to create a feeling of welcome and warmth.

Drape a blanket here and there over a couple of comfy chairs. Go outside and gather some leaves and and bare branches and put them about with a pumpkin or two.

Gather and bind some dried corn stalks, add a couple of bales of hay and a pumpkin and you have a wonderful decoration for your porch!!

Let me encourage you to take just a little time to create a warm sanctuary for you, your family and guests. You've worked hard and played hard all summer......time to sit back and close your eyes.............







3 comments:

Andrea said...

Thank you for inviting us into your warm sanctuary.
Blessings and prayers, andrea

Sandy said...

Fall is fabulous! I'm partial to warm apple pie fragrance, light on the cinnamon. I also love the cool scent and crunch of fallen leaves.

Love the decorations!

Nana Jul said...

Awesome creativeness!! I haven't even pulled mine out of the attic yet. You may have taken a week, but you are so far ahead of me! Maybe this weekend? God bless you and your home!!