Thursday, September 10, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey

It is so good to be joining up with Sonya over at Truth 4 the Journey for Thankful Thursday!

I missed getting to link up with you guys last week because we were on vacation, but that makes "coming home" that much more special, doesn't it?

Let's go with my five thankfuls for this week....

1) I am thankful for complete safety and good health on our vacation. I don't know about anyone else, but I always pray that God will allow everyone good health so we can fully enjoy our time away. He was faithful about this yet again!

2) I am thankful for the Mama bear and cub we got to see in their natural habitat. She was so unconcerned about us and I was just totally consumed with the awesomeness of God!!

3) I am thankful that DD is doing so well on her dating sabbatical. The first week was kind of rough, but it has been miraculous to watch God peel off layers and layers of worldly lies and heal her wounds.

4) I am thankful that my first batch of homemade laundry soap turned out correctly!! Folks, I confess I've gotten a bit complacent about watching those pennies. Wonderful conviction from my Father has brought me back into the budget!

5) I am thankful for my brother-in-law's new wife. You see, my BIL is mentally challenged and at the age of 32....hasn't "grown up" and probably never will. He met a sweet young lady through our local mental health chapter and this past Saturday they became man and wife. Yes, they live in a mobile home in my MIL's backyard and yes they need someone to look after them and drive them around, but their love is genuine and unconditional. They look past the obvious issues into the love in each other's heart. It was a precious ceremony.

For more Thankful Thursday, click here or on the links above.

"Sing to the Lord; praise His name. Each day proclaim the good news that He saves."
Psalm 96:2, NLT

2 comments:

Jane In The Jungle said...

Oh Deb, that is so wonderful about your BIL, Congrats! We go on vacation in 21/2 weeks, woo hoo! Great list as always!

Lori of I'm no super Mom said...

How wonderful for your BIL, that is an amazing testimony!