Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Family Favorites

Believe it or not, before we know it, fall and winter will quickly be upon us.

While going through my recipes for Family Favorites, I came across this recipe for chicken noodle soup that is just delicious!!!

It is so easy to make and even satisfies my very picky son!!

Hope you enjoy!!!

Chicken Noodle Soup

1 pound cooked chicken, shredded (about 2 cups)
4, 14.5 ounce cans of chicken broth*
2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
2 medium celery stalks, sliced
1 medium onion, chopped (about ¼ cup)
1 cup wide egg noodles *

Heat all ingredients except pasta in a large pot. cover and simmer about 10 minutes or until carrots are almost tender. Add pasta and cook until noodles are tender.

I usually make grilled cheese sandwiches to go along with this!!

* Since my guys are hearty eaters, I usually double this recipe. I save money by saving the broth off of the cooked chicken and freezing it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So simple - I will be trying this one!