Saturday, September 26, 2009

Former Idiot

Normally I join my friend Collette for Psalm Saturday and I would hope that you would drop by and say Hi to her, but today I decided that there was something I just had to share with you.

While we were vacationing about 3 weeks ago in Tennessee, we stopped by a little country shop. They had everything you could imagine including some of the best fudge I'd ever had in my life!!

DH and I try to buy each other something every time we take a trip. Even though we were packed and headed back towards home, I still hadn't found anything I wanted. So, when we came upon this little shop, I had to stop!

We had looked all through this little store oohing and ahhing and tasting the different varieties of fudge and were on our way out when I found this sign:



It says, "When I turned myself over to God, I took my life out of the hands of an idiot"

I absolutely fell in love with this sign!!!! Why???

Because it screamed, "Deb, this was you!!!!!!!!!"

Before I met Jesus, I had messed up so much in my life. If I had continued down the path I was on, I would be divorced and without my DS, at the very least. That made my title, "Idiot".
But glory to God!!! In His wisdom and love He reached down and picked me up and said, "If you'll let Me, I'll take over from here." He made me an offer I couldn't refuse and I've never regretted.

Oh, I still step on that banana peel and slip back into idiot mode from time to time, but I'm not my own anymore...my new sign reminds me that I removed myself from the hands of the idiot and placed them in the beautiful nail scarred hands of the One Who transformed me into a "former" idiot.....

6 comments:

Andrea said...

I love it. Are you sure the sign was not meant for me....your Virginia blogging friend?

Blessings and prayers, andrea

PS: Urgent prayer request on arise 2 write.

Jane In The Jungle said...

Love this Deb! And love that it is a reminder from Tn. also!!
Praises.

Jamie said...

Love it! It is so true for me too.

Great blog, by the way.

Collette@Jesuslovesmums said...

Love that sign and so glad you shared it with us all!
Love Collette xxx

Debbie said...

I'm thinking we all (if we were honest) would say the sign was meant for us! Thanks for sharing with us - I love it. LOL!!

Unknown said...

I think I just found my new "slogan" lol.