It is so good to be joining up with Sonya over at Truth 4 the Journey for Thankful Thursday! It's one time of the week that I really look forward to. Not only so I can reflect on my thankfuls, but so that I can rejoice with you over yours!!
Let's go with my five thankfuls for this week....
1) I am so thankful that my Dad's surgery was a success!! He almost died twice and that terrified me. Dad and I are not as close as I'd love to be, but he is my Daddy and like any "little girl", Daddy is very special. That leads me to........
2) I am so thankful for a God that not only hears, but answers prayers. I fully understand that all answers are not always yes, but this time He chose to say yes to sparing my Dad which lets me know that God is giving him another chance to accept Him as Savior.
3) I am so thankful for the service at church this past Sunday night. The Holy Spirit was everywhere with everyone and I was blessed to be in the altar with my DH, DD and DS praying together, separately and for each other. Which leads me to.....
4) I am so thankful that DS had a one on One encounter with our Father. DS is so often okay with just hanging back and not drawing any attention to himself, but this past Sunday night the Holy Spirit took over and he was able to release so much that was keeping him bound and unable to fully live for Christ. HALLELUJAH!!!!
5) I am so thankful for the opportunity to also pray with a dear friend's husband that same night. While she was in the altar praying for him, DH and I were able to pray over him and feel the Holy Spirit's conviction on him. I'm confident that God will save this marriage!!!!
"For this, O Lord, I will praise you among the nations; I will sing praises to your name."
2 Samuel 22:50, NLT
For more Thankful Thursday, click here or on the links above.