Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Without Further Ado....

Yes, I'm suffering from a huge case of writer's block.

Yes, it's been an up and down, emotional, teenage kind of life around our house since Friday.

Yes, it's times like this I have to admit my body is making me realize that my age catches up with me from time to time.

So, while sitting here wondering what in the world to post about, because my writer's block has me completely locked up, I was looking at pictures in my digital camera and smiling because there are pics in there from DD's graduation, laughing because there are pics in there of R's son's graduation. Rolling my eyes because there are pics of Miss Kitty laying on her back with her feet in the air....oh what a wonderful life she leads...and then I got to thinking (and that is always a dangerous place for me to be in) that there are things--important things--you don't know about me.

Then I thought, "Hey!! Post those awesomely amazing things that absolutely everyone wants to know about wonderful you!!" So, here I go with 10 things you just can't live without.....!!

1. I am terrified of most bugs. I love June bugs, lightning bugs, daddy long legs and grasshoppers...beyond that, I'm all girl and will scream at the top of my lungs should one of the "other" bugs even look my way!!

2. My toes, my big toe and the one next to it, automatically cross when I'm sitting down. I don't know why, they just do.

3. I am allergic to anchovies.

4. I didn't learn to ride a bike until I was 12.

5. I can play the flute.

6. I can wiggle my nose without moving any other part of my face.

7. When I was in the 7th grade, I was thrown off a horse and the horse then came down on my ankle and crushed it!!

8. I've had a firecracker blow up in my hand--took half my thumbnail with it!!~~~ confession~~~ The firecracker blew up in my hand because I was busy laughing at my cousin who just had a firecracker blow up in his hand!!

9. My eyes change color almost daily..today they are are brown with a thin line of blue around the brown.

10. I love, love, love drag racing!!! Funny cars, top fuel, smoking tires, insides rattling with those huge motors, 335 mph.....!!!!

Hope you have a wonderful Tuesday!!!

Me? Think I'll go cross my toes, wiggle my nose, and watch some drag racing!!

3 comments:

Greg C said...

I am typing this with one finger nail that is half missing and another finger that was dislocated last week. Talk about making it hard to type. We used to hold firecrackers and see who could hold them the longest before throwing them. Talk about stupid kids. We were that.

Beth in NC said...

LOL ... the toes crossing? Interesting! And I had to snicker about the firecracker.

Interesting tidbits!

I hope you can access my blog now. I can't imagine what is blocking you. ;o(

Love,
Beth

Pam D said...

That is some cool and crazy stuff! (well, except for the bugs.. you know how I am about bugs.. LOVE 'em and hold 'em and pet 'em..). But the toes? Do they hurt when they cross? Mine TRY to cross sometimes, but it hurts like heck! Just tried to wiggle only my nose, but my lips can't stay out of that dance. *sigh* I guess we're down to drag racing... THAT I can get into. I'll meet ya at the track!