Thursday, June 18, 2009
I'm joining up with Sonya over at Truth 4 the Journey today for Thankful Thursday.
I tend to get so caught up in the everyday things that make up life, that I really do look forward to Thursday's and just taking some time to reflect on the week and the blessings that God has so freely given out.
How about joining all of us today and sharing what you are thankful for??!!
1) I am thankful for teenagers who, although not perfect, are truly trying to live by the Word of God. I am constantly taken back by the 'say one thing, do another' attitude of their circle of peers. After their recent wilderness wanderings, we have come into agreement about accountability and honesty and so I'm learning that in their circle of peers, what matters is how people perceive you and not Jesus Christ.
2) I am thankful for hugs. We are having VBS this week and I am in the nursery. Now, I haven't been in the nursery since my two were that age..I tend to follow their age group. But since I work so closely with the teens on a regular basis, I decided helping in the nursery would be fun. I forgot how attached to their moms 2 year olds can be!!!! I've got one little boy who will just scream when mom leaves. It usually only lasts about 20 minutes, but wow!! what a long 20 minutes. Last night I was diapering a baby and this little guy comes up behind me and grabs me around the leg and gives me a big hug and kiss!! What an awesome blessing he handed me!!!!
3) I am thankful for veggies from our garden!! We have really fought with our soil over the last 4 years to get it to produce and finally...this year....fresh veggies!!!!
4) I am thankful for electricity!! For those who want to know why...click here!!
5) I am thankful for a satellite channel that I found that has Christian music videos and Christian movies on it!! I am so tired of getting interested in a program only to have raunchy scenes or bad language invade it.
"....Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts." Colossians 3: 16b, NLT