Today is the day I link up with Sonya over at Truth 4 the Journey for Thankful Thursday.
We all are so blessed and I encourage you, whether on a blog or a piece of paper, to make a list of things you are thankful for. Somehow, seeing those blessings written down can take us away from any pity party we may be having. Or maybe, in our busy day, we just take those blessings for granted...don't even give it a second thought. Writing them down helps us to say, "Oh man! I am so thankful for....."
I've decided to make my list for today one that reminds me to be thankful for the things I don't usually even think about.
1) I am thankful for clothespins. Yes. clothespins. I love to hang my clothes out on the line for reasons I've posted about before. But those little pieces of wood make that job so much easier and keep the wind from blowing my clean clothes onto the grass.
2) I am thankful for the freezer. The freezer will freeze my water into ice, making sure that I can enjoy a cold drink on these 100º days.
3) I am thankful for a working battery in my car. Want to go shopping and the mall is 15 miles away? Just hop in the car, crank it and go! No real planning. No overnight trip. No worry about getting everything I need because if I forget something it may be a few months before I get back to town. Just go.
4) I am thankful for pokes from DD and arm punches from DS. Both are telling me they love me in their own way. Sometimes the touch is ever so slight that, if I'm busy, I might miss it. But those are clearly I love you moments.
5) I am thankful for electricity. I don't even give it a thought when I flip the lighswitch (except if the bulb is blown!). Just click. Light. No filling of lamps and lighting of wicks. No melting of wax to make candles. Just click and no more dark.
"Be thankful in all circumstances...." 1Thessalonians 5: 18a, NLT
......even the little things....