Thursday, June 11, 2009
Today is the day I join Sonya over at Truth 4 the Journey for Thankful Thursday.
I've thought and thought the week on what I'd like to list as my thankfuls....there are always plenty if I'll just look around....and I decided this week I wanted to list 5 verses in the Bible that I'm thankful for.
There are so many promises in God's Word. So many things and ways that He wants to bless us.
I am positive that God has and will keep every promise He's ever made, but what I've noticed is, that in making us a promise, there is something that we have to do ourselves.
God meets us over half way so many times in a day, He just wants us to do our part.
As I list my thankfuls, any emphasis will be mine. I will highlight God's promise in blue. Everything else will be "our part".
All Scripture is taken out of the New Living Translation.
1) Philippians 4:6-7a~~ "Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what You need, and thank Him for all He has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand..."
2) Galatians 6:8~~ "Those who live to satisfy their own sinful nature will harvest decay and death from that sinful nature. But those who live to please the Spirit will harvest everlasting life from the Spirit."
3) 1 Peter 3:10-11~~ "For the Scriptures say, 'If you want to enjoy life and see many happy days, keep your tongue from speaking evil and your lips from telling lies. Turn away from evil and do good. Search for peace, and work to maintain it.'
4) Proverbs 2: 6-8~~ "For the Lord grants wisdom! From His mouth come knowledge and understanding. He grants a treasure of common sense to the honest. He is a shield to those who walk with integrity. He guards the paths of the just and protects those who are faithful to Him."
5) Hebrews 3:14~~ "For if we are faithful to the end, trusting God just as firmly as when we first believed, we will share in all that belongs to Christ."
I hope you will take the time to search the Scriptures for yourself and allow God to fill you with joy as you drink in His promises to His children!