Time to link up with Sonya over at Truth 4 the Journey for Thankful Thursday.
This time of the week is such a blessing to me. It causes me to pause and reflect on the blessings God has given me.
Sometimes the blessings are big, sometimes small, but one thing is for certain...I deserve none of them.
I want to encourage you to join Sonya as well and share how God has blessed you this past week.
1) I am thankful for the cooler temperatures. Anyone living in the south knows that July is the time for hot, muggy, "eewwww it's so hot!" days. Since last Friday the temps have been in the low 80's with minimal humidity---actually that would be a thankful inside a thankful. We haven't even ran the air conditioning!!!! Now that is truly something to be thankful for!!
2) I am thankful for the rain that we have gotten this summer. Usually by this time of year, the creek that runs through our property has dried up. Because of the rain we've gotten, I've been able to listen to that creek run every time I go outside to hang out my laundry. It's gentle, rippling sound is very relaxing to me.
3) I am thankful for my children's ability to respect and honor their boss, even when they disagree with her. Each had to meet with her this week because of an episode that happened (basically, little brother defended big sis). They were able to admit that each handled the situation in the wrong manner and keep a good work relationship with their boss.
4) I am thankful for the tomatoes I've been able to can this week. Our cucumbers have finally slowed down producing (thankfully!!!!!!) and the tomatoes are coming in. We love chili and homemade veggie soup in the winter and these tomatoes will be delicious!!!
5) I am thankful for my family. With our busy schedules and DH, DD and DS seemingly going in different directions all of the time with their jobs, they are very aware and try very hard to keep at least one evening a week for the four of us just to watch movies, play games or swim in our pool....just taking the time to spend time together. It means the world to me.
"O Lord, I will honor and praise Your name, for You are my God. You do such wonderful things!..."
Isaiah 25: 1a