Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey

Today I join Sonya over at Truth 4 the Journey for Thankful Thursday.

I was hanging laundry out the other day, just enjoying the sunshine and listening to the birds and at that moment I knew what my list of thankfuls would be.

So here goes...

1) I am thankful for my sense of sight. Because I can see, I can enjoy the blue of the sky, the bright red of the cardinals enjoying the bird bath. Because I can see, I can enjoy watching an older, white-haired couple walking through the mall hand in hand. Because I can see, I can enjoy the smiles on the faces of DH, DD and DS.

2) I am thankful for my sense of hearing. Because I can hear, I can enjoy the birds singing and the crashing of the waves at the ocean. Because I can hear, I can enjoy the music that sends praise up to my Father. Because I can hear, I can enjoy the beautiful laughter that comes from DH, DD and DS.

3) I am thankful for my sense of smell. Because I can smell, I can enjoy the smell of fresh cut grass and puppy breath. Because I can smell, I can enjoy the smell of rain and the flowers that DH brings in for me to enjoy. Because I can smell, I can enjoy the smell of perfume and cologne on DH, DD and DS.

4) I am thankful for my sense of taste. Because I can taste, I can enjoy the taste of fresh baked cookies and straight from the oven bread. Because I can taste, I can enjoy sour candy and rich fudge. Because I can taste, I can enjoy the taste of raindrops as I twirl around outside in the rain, with mouth open wide, with DH, DD and DS.

5) I am thankful for my sense of touch. Because I can touch, I can enjoy the feeling of coldness from throwing snowballs, the softness of a kitten's fur. Because I can touch, I can enjoy the feeling of a football being tossed about with DS or a new fuzzy scarf chosen while shopping with DD. Because I can touch, I can enjoy the feeling of walking hand in hand with the ones I love most...Philip, Beth and Zack.

For more Thankful Thursday click here.

"I give You thanks, O Lord, with all my heart..." Psalm 138:1a, NLT

8 comments:

Collette@Jesuslovesmums said...

What a beautiful list Deb. So touching and how great to give thanks for our senses. We just take these things for granted so often.
Love Collette x

Lisa said...

Joining you in thanking God for each of our five senses. Often taken for granted, but in this moment I am so thankful.
Blessings ~ Lisa

SusanD said...

Ditto for me! Thanks Deb for sharing this wonderful list. Blessings, SusanD

Beth Herring said...

Deb - this is a super list! I have never given much thought to our senses!

Thank you Lord for giving us this wonderful way to experience all aspects of life.

Nanci said...

I love that you post a "thankful list" each week. Often we are God's ungrateful people. As I read your list each week it sparks thankfulness to God in me as well, because so many of the things that you mention are things for which I am thankful as well.

I'm thinking of joining "Thankful Thursday" because I think it would cause me to consciously consider God's good gifts to me all during the week as I look forwrd to listing them on Thursday. This week one of the items would be: I am thankful for the encouragement that Deb's "Thank List" gives me!

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

AWWWW What a VERY unique post!

Brook said...

What a wonderful way to catergorize your thanks! I just might have to use your idea sometime. :)

Yolanda said...

Oh, amen! Taste and see that the Lord is Good. Ears to hear Him, Eyes to SEE, smell and touch. Oh, AMEN!