Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey

It's that time again! Time to join Sonya over at Truth 4 the Journey for Thankful Thursday. I've said many times before and I'll say it again, I look forward to doing Thankful Thursday because it causes me to pause and look at how blessed I have been this week.

So...here we go!!

1) I am thankful that a good friend of mine went back for a cancer scan and she is still cancer free!!!! It's has been a tough ride for her at times, but God is faithful and we are all blessed!!!

2) I am thankful for humming birds!! Yes, I know, just call me the bird lady...but I really do think these are my favorite birds. I have a feeder in front of my kitchen window and one on my front porch and I just love to watch these tiny creatures. They constantly remind me how awesome God is and how He is so perfect down to the tiniest detail.

3) I am thankful for the peace that comes when we are obedient to God..even when we don't understand the why behind what He's asking us to do.

4) I am thankful for the beautiful fireworks show that we enjoyed as a family with friends this past Saturday night. We got there early and played some frisbee and threw the football around. It was great fun!!!! and with that.........

5) I am thankful for the men and women who have fought to give us the freedom that we have in this country. I have family and friends who were in the military during both war and peace times and it's because of them that we can--most importantly--proclaim the Word of God without fear.

Click here for more Thankful Thursday.

"Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good!!
His faithful love endures forever."

Psalm 136:1, NLT

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a wonderful list! I am also thankful for that peace we can have...even when it is unexplainable! And - yeah! - for your friend....I have another scan the end of this month and am praying for just the same results!

I'm thankful to have found your blog - what a blessing it has been to me in just the few days that I have been reading!

Have a terrific Thankful Thursday!

Greg C said...

Great list Deb. Thanks for mentioning #5. They made us stand in church this week and everyone applauded.

Yolanda said...

Amen to #3.....thank You Lord.

Collette@Jesuslovesmums said...

Humming birds! How beautiful, I think the most exotic bird we get around where I live is a seagull :(
Collette xx