Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Family Favorites

I think I may have tried this once before, but let it fall by the wayside for one reason or another. So...here it goes again.

On Wednesdays, I usually try to add another chapter to Our Story.

Time doesn't always permit me to do that. So, during those times that I just don't have the time to write an Our Story post, I will be sharing a family favorite recipe.

Today's recipe is Grape Salad.

This is a wonderful summertime, cool desert that is absolutely delicious!! Even DS, who isn't a big fruit fan, will devour this if given the chance.

Hope you enjoy!!!

Grape Salad

4 Cups White Seedless Grapes
4 Cups Red Seedless Grapes
8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
8 oz. Sour Cream
½ Cup Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
¼ Brown Sugar
1 Cup Chopped Walnuts or Pecans

Combine cream cheese, sour cream ½ cup sugar and vanilla in a large bowl. Add grapes and mix well. In a small bowl mix brown sugar and nuts. Sprinkle on top of grapes. Chill well before serving.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds wonderful! Yumm Yumm!

Thanks for the comment on my At the Well post! I was really unsure about posting that article!

Julianne said...

Oohhh, sounds so good- a great summer salad! anything with sour cream is a hit with me and my fam.
Can't wait to try it!
Julianne :)