Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Beautiful Weekend, Beautiful Hands

What a great weekend I've had!!

We have been blessed with temps in the mid 80's for 3 days now!!! This is awesome because it's mid July in the great state of Alabama!!...We usually throw a party if the humidity drops below 90%!!

The wind has been gently blowing out of the north which just adds to the beauty of the day.
I've thrown the windows open and it just relaxes me so much to watch the curtains gently blowing and to listen to the wings of the hummingbirds as they drink their nectar.

Our kids were very busy this weekend--in other words, we didn't get to see them very much--DH and I were able to do some things outside together and just sit on the porch and enjoy each other's company. It was a great time for us to catch up and talk about the future.

Then yesterday morning the Spirit showed up at church and I haven't walked away from the Table so full in such a very long time. It was so awesome to be totally released into His presence...I've missed that....

Now to share something with you that brought me to tears while I sat at my computer.

Look carefully at the picture below.




Notice the hands. A beautiful white hand and a beautiful brown hand. That beautiful white hand belongs to my sweet friend Britney who handed over her summer to the Lord to be a missionary in Peru. The beautiful brown hand belongs to a beautiful child whose home is in Peru.

Britney will be coming home in 2 weeks and while I can't wait to see her, I'm asking the Father to slow down time that she can fully do everything He wants her to while she's there.

She has been so blessed while there and I am so thankful that she was obedient to the Father even though it was tough on her to leave home for 10 weeks.

Please drop by Britney's site and catch up on her missionary journey. Also please lift her and her entire team along with the people of Peru up in prayer that the seeds that have been planted will grow and bear fruit for the Kingdom.

Our hands are created to work, yes, but I believe they were created to comfort. They were created to touch someone and just by that touch, reassure them that they are not alone...that someone is there for them and will hold their hand and be beside them through whatever comes their way.

But I believe even more than that, hands were created to praise.

"I will praise You as long as I live, lifting up my hands to you in prayer."
Psalm 63: 4, NLT


"In every place of worship, I want men to pray with holy hands lifted up to God, free from anger and controversy."
1 Timothy 2:8, NLT


And let's be careful to not forget the ultimate picture of the most beautiful hands...

"Then He said to Thomas, 'Put you finger here, and look at my hands. Put your hand into the wound in My side. Don't be faithless any longer. Believe!' "
John 20: 27, NLT


The most beautiful hands belong to the One Who died for us...all of us. He endured what none of us could endure and paid a debt we could never repay.

Look again at the picture of Britney and the child's hand...




Remember these two Scriptures as you look at that tiny, brown hand....

"....Let the children come to me. Don't stop them! For the Kingdom of God belongs to those who are like these children. I tell you the truth, anyone who doesn't receive the Kingdom of God like a child will never enter it."
Mark 10: 14a-15, NLT


"Jesus came and told His disciples, ' I have been given all authority in Heaven and on earth. Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.' "
Matthew 28: 18-20, NLT


"Jesus loves the little children, all the children of the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in His sight.
Jesus loves the little children of the world."

No comments: