Tuesday, December 8, 2009

You Want to Put That Needle Where??????

The verdict........bronchitis. Yuck. No wonder I feel like I'm trying to cough up a lung and yet nothing happens.

I finally broke down and went to the Dr. yesterday. My poor hubby is running on 5 or 6 hours of sleep a night...and that's not near enough for him. In the past week, I've slept on the couch 5 out of 7 nights so he could get the sleep he has gotten!! Not fun.

I'm not a big fan of going to the Dr, so for me to give in and go means that I've done all I know to do. Couple that with the fact that DH and I are leaving next week for a few days to celebrate our 26th anniversary meant that something has to be done now!!

Doc pronounced the verdict of sinus infection and bronchitis, proceeded to give me a shot in my kiester and 3 prescriptions!!! I'm still wondering why the kiester...isn't my arm closer to my lungs??? You'd think after giving birth twice and having a few surgeries, that bearing my bottom wouldn't be a big deal....but it is..

Now my challenge for today is a visit to the dentist. It takes me about an hour to drive there and so the kids and I just make our appointments all at once because of the drive. So can't you see me laying in that chair with my mouth wide open trying to hack up a lung??!!! Should make for an interesting visit as long as my hygienist can keep a tight grip on her waterpik!!!!

...I also wanted to thank my sweet friend Andrea over at Arise 2 Write for the sweet awards she has passed on to all of her bloggy buddies.

The first award is the Circle of Friends Award.


For that I'm suppose to share 5 things I love to do.

1) Travel
2) Read
3) Listen to music. All genres!!
4) Snuggle with my hubby
5) Love on my kids

The next award is the Lemonade Award.


This one is all about taking those lemons that life hands us and making lemonade. It's so easy to get caught up in the poor me...(my situation right now), but the fact is I am so blessed. Blessed to be able to go to the Dr, blessed with a husband and kids who I am sure by now are ready to make me sleep ..or rather cough...all night outside with the dogs!!

Like Andrea, I just want to pass both of these on to all of my sweet bloggy friends. Each one of you is so special to me and have blessed me more than you could ever imagine!!

Now I'm off!!! Pray for my hygienist to have strong hands. I don't want tomorrow's post title to be: "How to Surgically Remove a Waterpik" !!!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Bless your heart, I know just how you feel! I've had a terrible cough since October, and since I don't have insurance, I've avoided going to the doctor.

My 10 year old son finally said the other day, "Mom, I'm telling you...I think you have lung cancer or something!" LOL. I don't...I just sound like I do.

I've given birth 5 times...and between pushing, I'd have them cover my bottom and would tell them to keep the door closed so people wouldn't see in my room!

momstheword said...

Oh you poor thing! I've never had it but my son did and it's not fun. Every time he coughed he threw up.

Hope you get to feeling better soon and that the dentist doesn't startle easy, lol!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.