Time to share a bit about myself by linking up with Linda over at 2nd Cup of Coffee for Random Dozen. I really love participating in this meme. The questions are fun (although sometimes the answers can be tough) and it's great to read how others think about the same things.
Click here to join us!!
1. Do you find it gross to share drinks with family? Friends?
I don't mind sharing my drink with DH, DD or DS. After that, I'll just give you my drink. I'm totally grossed out by backwash!!!
2. What have you learned this year? (You didn't see a question of that weight coming, did you? At least not for #2.)
That I'm too busy and too worried about pleasing everyone I come in contact with, including total strangers. I've learned that my main goal is allowing God to direct my steps and pleasing Him.
3. When do you dismantle the Christmas decorations?
As soon as possible after Christmas. I love them when they're out, but as soon as the gifts are opened and the festivities are over, I'm ready for them to come down.
4. Something you wish to accomplish before the end of 2009 is:
Losing 30 more pounds, getting totally out of debt ($46,000 more to go) and finishing the 37 books I've begun reading!!
5. How do you feel about winter (after Christmas)?
I enjoy winter until about March, then I'm tired of being cold and wet.
6. Have you participated in after-Christmas sales?
I don't go the day after Christmas but I do buy bows and wrapping paper and such as I find them on sale.
7. Do you have plans for New Year's Eve?
We'll probably do what we always do....DH and I will dose on the couch until the alarm goes off at five till midnight. We'll quickly pour the sparkling cider, ring in the new year with a smooch, a drink and off to bed!! We are TOTAL party animals!!!
8. Is there anything special awaiting you in January?
The 19th birthday of DD!!! A trip for 2 nights and 3 days with just me, my Mom and DD!! (A Christmas gift from DH..ain't he the best!!!?)
9. If your life this year was a movie, what category or genre would it be? (Romance, Comedy, Drama, Thriller, Suspense, Farcical, etc.)
Drama...ALWAYS drama!!! (I have teenagers, remember??)
10. How much time per day do you spend blogging? Please do not lie. I will know.
In the past, I'd find 3 or 4 hours quickly fly by...Now, I get on here if I have something to post, check out a few other blogs, comment and I'm off of here. I've been greatly convicted of the fact that I spend more time on this computer than with my Father..no more...
11. Who runs your household?
God, DH and myself. Usually in that order. Have I mentioned I'm a control freak??
12. Share one hope/dream for 2010.
Well, mine will be two rolled into one....that I'm able to slow down and truly spend time with my Father and my family enjoying all that He has blessed us with and enjoying every minute and trusting Him with the ones that aren't so enjoyable.