Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas Eve!!

Merry Christmas Eve!!

Today is finding me enjoying a bit of celebrating with my family and stepping into a new season of life.

Today both of my children have to work. Thankfully they didn't have to go in until the afternoon and they only have to work about 5 hours, but still, it's interrupted my day as I've always known it as a mom.

I have to admit that in the beginning I was a bit sad. I want my babies here enjoying the gifts we've allowed them to open today (they get the rest tomorrow) and enjoying the soup or chili I decide to make. But then I realized this......this is God's way of slowly preparing me for the day that they have nests of their own and they will be building their own traditions and lovin' their own babies.

So...while I'm only mildly weepy eyed, I find myself thankful for the blessings of a Heavenly Father Who does everything right on time.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Merry Christmas Deb! All my little chicks have long since flown the nest and have their own little chicks; but, this is the first time in 39 years of marriage that it will only be and my hubby enjoying Christmas day together!! I am looking at the positive side of making some new memories as we reminicse about bygone times :-)

May tomorrow bring you joy and love and laughter!

Debbie