Thursday, May 7, 2009
Today I'm going to be joining up with Sonya again over at Truth 4 the Journey for Thankful Thursday.
For various reasons, I've not been able to post a Thankful Thursday in a couple of weeks, so to begin..I'm just thankful to get to do this post!!!!
It's so easy to fall into the poor me trap and think that everything around us is falling apart...what do we have to be thankful for? Believe me, on more than one occasion, I've found myself in that very spot and I don't like it there.
I think that's why I really do love Thankful Thursday posts so much...It causes me to stop and recognize all I have to be thankful for.
So...here we go with my 5 thankfuls for this week!!
1) I am so thankful for the joy that I have in Jesus. Last night at church, the evangelist was talking about the difference between happiness and joy. Happiness only comes when things are happening and that's available for change at a moments notice. Joy comes from a relationship with my Heavenly Father. Even in the midst of storms, I can have joy.
2) I'm thankful for a new friend that God has brought in my life. He brought us together in a most unusual way. Even though we've never met face to face, I feel like I've known her forever!! (Hi Linda!!)
3) I'm thankful for the thunderstorms last night while I slept....or tried to sleep. Now, before you think I'm off my rocker, the storms weren't severe, but the thunder and lightening was intense and something I enjoy very much. So..to me...that was just something God gave me to bless me, and it did.
4) I'm thankful for the strawberries that my MIL gave me Tuesday. I LOVE strawberries and she gave me a gallon out of her strawberry patch!! YUM!!!!
5) I'm very thankful for God's protection over DH yesterday as the storms got worse and a tornado went over the hospital he works at and actually hit a bank just across the street....God is so good and worthy of praise!!!
For more Thankful Thursday, click here.