Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Try It Tuesday!!

This Try It Tuesday!! is a place that I know I'm actually going to be regrouping and starting over in...and I'm willing to bet that most of you are the same way.

This Try It Tuesday!! is going to find us revisiting our shopping habits.

How well to we bargain shop?

Are we clipping coupons and using them to their full potential on things we actually use?

Are we making menus and planning in advance for the unexpected so that we aren't grabbing take out?

As with many things in my life, I usually get off to a good start, then find myself..for whatever reason...just...not. I'm not sure if I lose interest~although I wonder why someone would lose interest when it comes to saving money and being a better steward of what God has blessed you with~

You know those lists of good starts:

Keeping my house clean and welcoming at all times.

Saving money.

Staying calm.

Being committed to a healthy diet and plenty of exercise.

Keeping an unwavering quiet time with my Father.

We could go on and on, but the point is...I have to train myself to be committed to these things.

In the months past, I've been able to save several dollars ($25-$45) with coupons. I also do a lot of price matching. Wal Mart Supercenters price match local competitors ads. I do this because it keeps me from running all over town to get the best deal. (Wal Mart does have a certain criteria they follow in order to do a price match. Check with your local Wal Mart to see what it is in your area)

Anyway, in the last couple of months, I've allowed so much "stuff" to get in my way that I haven't done any coupon clipping and very little price matching.

Now, this makes no sense seeing how DH's hours have been reduced and we need those savings more than ever.

So..with today's Try It!! challenge, here I go again. Friday is my day to buy groceries and I'm going to start today reorganizing my coupons and as those ads in the paper comes out, writing down those deals on my grocery list and get busy price matching.

Let me encourage you to take the time this week to do some financial searching and see where you can improve your family's financial situation. Once you see where the improvements need to be, make a plan and stick to it!!

I'm very anxious to hear from you about the changes that you are going to be making in your budgets and spending!

1 comment:

momstheword said...

I used to be much better about clipping coupons and shopping the sales. I don't use coupons as much as I should, but hoping to get into it again!