Monday, April 27, 2009

A Beautiful Day, KFC and a Request!

Happy Monday friends!!!....well...Happy Monday afternoon!!

It has been a beautiful day here in the deep south!

I've got laundry on the lines, the windows are wide open and the birds are singing!!...loudly!

I've just been busy today catching up on all of those things that tend to get pushed to the side during the weekend. Got some much needed mopping done as well. I hate mopping...I think it'd be great if we just had black floors throughout the house. As long as I didn't drop anything white, we'd be in good shape, right?? Maybe not.....

Just a little side note here...Don't forget to go by KFC and get your free piece of grilled chicken. They are giving away one free piece today only. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around grilled Kentucky Fried Chicken. I'm pretty sold on the fried stuff. I'm not convinced that they can beat that, but we'll see.

I'm not going out today so I was a little disappointed that I wouldn't get to try it for free. Then yesterday I'm looking through the Sunday paper and God blesses with a coupon for a free piece of grilled chicken good through May 7th. Woo Hoo!! I'll be out during that time frame so I get to try it for free as well! Isn't it great to know that God even blesses in grilled chicken??!!

I have a request:

DD is searching for blogs whose ideas center on purity and whose writers goals are to become (eventually) a wife and homeschooling SAHM. She is looking for like-minded young women...age range approximate 16-25....whose goal is to be a godly wife and mom. (I think her exact words were..."You're great Mom, but I want to read blogs that aren't from old women." ?????!!!!!!!!!!!??????? (Where did she get the idea I was old??????) :o()

Anyway...I still love her despite the bruises.....no....seriously, she's fine...really...she's great....honestly....:o)

So, if you sweet friends of mine could send her some great blogs to check out so she won't feel all alone as a young woman wanting to do the Biblical thing I would greatly appreciate it!!!

Now, it's time to sit on the porch and curl up with a good book!!

2 comments:

momstheword said...

Come onto my blog and on the left sidebar is a link to "Fill Me With Beauty." Her daughter blogs and there is a link to it in her side bar. I think her name is Belle or something. Let me know if you can't find it and I'll email them.
She is about 19.

Pam D said...

And when the swelling goes down, she'll be able to see to read the blogs, right? Heaven help us all, truly. Because I surely do remember thinking that my parents were old, so what goes around comes around (but that doesn't mean I have to like it!). It was a lovely day here, as well; I do love blue skies and a gentle breeze. It does a body (and a soul) good. Enjoy your chicken!