Thursday, April 23, 2009
Happy to let you know that I'm back on track to catch up with Sonya over at Truth 4 the Journey for Thankful Thursday.
It's not unusual for life to get so busy that we just don't take the time to see how blessed and thankful we truly are. I like these moments set aside that allows us the time to sit down and reflect and to purposefully share what we have to be thankful for.
Here's my 5 for this week:
1) I am truly thankful for this warm weather. I'm not one of those that love the 100's (or the high 90's for that matter) but this 70º and 80º warmth...oohhhh yesss.....
2) I am thankful for the ability to hear and see. This time of year is full of so much life, the trees budding out, the flowers beginning to bloom. The birds singing and the bees buzzing. It reminds me that God loves beauty and is the Giver of Life.
3) I am thankful for the excitement in DS's voice after visiting a church last night with a friend. He was very much in need of the meal he was fed there and it filled me with joy to hear my son's happy voice.
4) I am thankful for good friends. God has blessed me with many friends, but for the 3 very close ones...I'm eternally thankful.
5) I am thankful for my clothesline..follow me here....this clothesline is a blessing in many ways.
First of all, it is a huge energy saver. The dryer uses SO much electricity! By hanging out my clothes, we are saving on the power bill and that makes DH very happy.
Second, there is a creek that flows by my house just beyond my clothesline. I can't see it from there, but I can hear it. It is very relaxing to hear that water flowing.
Third, when I'm hanging out my clothes, I get to hear the birds singing, smell the fresh cut grass, watch the bees busy at work and wave to my neighbor as they're out in their yard.
Yes, my clothesline is a great blessing.
For more Thankful Thursday, click here.