Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Try It Tuesday!!

Welcome to another Try It Tuesday!!!

I love to bake. If I had the time, I'd bake.....A LOT!!!...I'd also be incredibley overweight because I like to eat what I bake, so maybe it's a good thing I don't have an abundance of time!! :o)

I also love to try new recipes. As always, some are hits, some are duds.

In our family, the hits get made quite often. So often in fact that we usually end up getting tired of them and I don't make them for quite some time.

Sure enough though, someone will inevitably ask.."Hey! It's been a long time since you've made _______. Why don't you make that again?"

To which I begin thinking..'Wow, that was really good and easy to make. I should make that tonight.'

Then the hunt begins.

What cookbook was that recipe in?

Was it even in a cookbook?

Did someone just write it down for me?

Did I print it off the internet?

Now... 3 hours into trying to find this recipe, I look at the clock to find that we should be ready to eat by now..not me still searching for the recipe!!

So I've begun gathering up all of those recipes my family loves and organizing them in one notebook. I printed a pretty cover for it titled "My Family's Favorites".

When I try a recipe that's a hit, I copy it and add it to that notebook. Now when I need something that I know my family loves, or I need a meal in a hurry, I can just flip that notebook open and pick something out!

It's ended a lot of frustration for me trying to "find that recipe"!

It has also allowed me to weed through a lot of cookbooks and loose recipes lying around. Let's face it, most of us only try a small portion of things in our cookbooks.

Our reasons could be, 'That doesn't sound/look good' or 'It's too expensive to make' or 'It takes too long to make' or whatever. By collecting those we love and organizing them into one book, we've also organized our homes just a bit. I print a lot of recipes off the internet and my mom and I are constantly sharing recipes.

Once I try the recipe, I can either file it with our favorites or I can throw it away.

We all want our lives to be easier and better organized. By being better organized we make things around our homes easier for us.

Try It this week!! Gather up those cookbooks and loose recipes and start organizing those your family loves. In no time at all you will be enjoying the benefit of having all of those yummy recipes in one book at the tip of your fingers!!

Here's a great, quick, easy recipe for rolls that my family just loves to get you started!!

Quick Rolls

2 cups Bisquick
1 stick margarine, melted
8 oz. sour cream

Mix all the ingredients. Spoon into a well greased muffin pan. Bake at 350ยบ for 10-15minutes. Be careful to not over-bake, (they are very soft and light tasting rolls when they are not over-baked).

No comments: