Friday, March 13, 2009

My Husband Rocks!!!



It's Friday and that means I'll be joining Katy Lin over at The Great Adventure to celebrate our hubbies!!

This week I'm going to share what an awesome Dad my DH is.

A couple of Sundays ago we woke up to about a couple of inches of snow on the ground. Not a big deal for some people, but for those of us living in the deep south....it's somethin' to get excited about!!!!

We actually got up intending to go to church and were well on our way to doing just that when one of our deacons called and told us that church had been cancelled....(again, if you live in the south...you understand this!! :o)

With that news, it didn't take us terribly long to change into warm clothes and head outside for a good round of playing fetch with the dogs, while having a good battle among ourselves with snowballs. (I think I lost that battle because I had more snow in my clothes than anyone else had on them!!!)

One side of our yard is on a hill and I noticed DH come up missing for a few minutes. It wasn't long before I saw him emerge from his shop with tarp in hand. Oh yeah...we were going "sledding" down the hill.

Thing was, somebody had to pull you so far down the hill and then let you go.

In my family there are 4 of us..DH, myself, DD (18), and DS (16). None of us are....tiny..people. God has built us....strapping.. to say the least..:o)

DS did quite a bit of the pulling, but DD nor I could pull anyone!! So my DH stepped up to the plate and began pulling DS and us women folk as well.

The big deal about this??

My DH suffers incredibly with some type of problem in his shoulder. We're not quite sure (and neither are the doctors) what is wrong. We just know that even sleeping on his arm the wrong way can cause him incredible pain for days on end, much less putting a lot of strenuous activity on that shoulder.

But he was a trooper. It snows so seldom in our neck of the woods and our kids are almost ready to start spreading their wings....he wasn't about to let an opportunity like this pass him by..shoulder pain or not.

After about an hour, we were thoroughly frozen and ready to go inside and warm up.

After changing into dry clothes and putting the wet clothes in to wash, I got DH some meds for his shoulder and a warm cup of coffee.

This man of mine is amazing. To risk a lot of pain for a lot of days in order to make memories for his family......just makes me love him even more.

Yessir!! My husband rocks!!!!

To check other My Husband Rocks participants, click here.

No comments: