Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thankful Thursday!!

Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey

Today I join up with Sonya over at Truth 4 the Journey for Thankful Thursday.

I have to confess friends, that this has been a tough week. Satan had been on the attack, not just in my own family, but in the families of friends very dear to me.

In reading my Bible this morning, I found this verse: "Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; He will neither fail you nor abandon you." Deuteronomy 31:8 NLT

Thank God that He is always with me, even if I can't sense His presence, I know He is there.

1) I am thankful that even though DH's hours at work have been cut, he still has a job.

2) I am thankful for a DH that is strong when I am not. Considering the last week, he's been my rock!

3) I am thankful that a dear friend at church has went 5 days without a cigarette!! This has been a chain around his neck for many years. I am sooo happy for him!

4) I am thankful that in the midst of turmoil, God gives me peace.

5) I am thankful that DD, who spent about a year and a half in the wilderness, has found her Father and a hunger for Him that amazes even me...

Click here for more Thankful Thursday!

8 comments:

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

I really love the honesty in your blog. I visit everyday since I've found it. I really like the thankful Thursday idea. I will have to try it, I also do a daily prayer journal and scripture rea on my blog, so hopefully this can only add to my spiritual walk with Him

momstheword said...

Thank you for sharing this verse. I've had a difficult couple of days and this verse is a great encouragement!

BTW, have you thought of having Tara make you a button for your "Try It Tuesday" posts? It only costs $5 and it's really alot of fun to have a special button like that to "brighten" up the post, lol.

I love the one she made me for my Monday meme. (You don't need a meme to have one).

Anonymous said...

The lion has certainly been on the prowl lately -- especially to discourage God's people. Over the past weeks God has used His Word to console and comfort me about our financial strain. He does provide our needs. Recently I have had my attention turned to accounts of His provision -- tax money in a fish's mouth, ravens bringing bread, and a widow who was willing to give the last of her sustenance. How blessed we are to have Jesus who supplies us not only with our needs, but also supplies us with the COURAGE to press forward and trust Him.

May HE continue to quiet and strengthen you.

Lisa said...

Love your list. IT's in times like these we need a Savior.., and He's just a single prayer away.
Blessings - Lisa

Connie said...

Enjoyed your bright, cheery blog.

God certainly is our strength. Am glad we can encourage each other in Him.

Mary Moss said...

This is a wonderful list. Praying you have a less rocky path in the week ahead.

Leaon Mary said...

Wow what a wonderful list!
I just prayed for the man who is giving up cigarrettes. I used to smoke too and know how hard it is to quit. But he can do all things through Christ who will give him strength! He can do it!
Have a great weekend!
Lea

Sonya Lee Thompson said...

This is such a precious list. This post truly was a sacrifice of praise. God will be by your side through everything you're enduring right now.

Jeremiah 31:13 (NIV)

13 Then maidens will dance and be glad,young men and old as well. I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.

Love,
Sonya