Thursday, March 26, 2009
It's Thursday and time again to link up with Sonya over at Truth 4 the Journey.
This has been a full week of blessings in our household and 5 would not begin to scratch the surface.
Even on the worst of weeks though, it would do us good to remember that God is so faithful. He loves us so much and just being a child of His is enough cause to be thankful.
I know me. I know my thoughts and my motives and believe me...I know God blesses me because He is faithful..not because I deserve it.
So..here goes my thankfuls for this week:
1) I am forever thankful for God's hand of protection while DS and I were out driving Tuesday. (Check out my post here)
2) I am thankful for DD's renewed interest in piano. She's been taking piano for several years and she's very good at it. She'd reached a point, though, where it was more of a chore than anything, but a few weeks ago God put some different songs on her heart and she has been filling our home with praise and worship music ever since!!!
3) DH received his first paycheck with the reduced hours. I am thankful to God that even with the reduction, all bills, needs and even some wants were met. Go figure...God is awesome!!!
4) I am thankful that one of the men that works for DH is giving us some strawberry plants today. We LOVE strawberries at our house and will look forward to reaping that harvest later this summer!!
5) I am very thankful for the positive difference in Christ that we've seen in DS this week. So many people have come to him and told them how much they've missed him. More than once this week, he's shared with me that he didn't realize that he'd gotten that far away. It is truly a huge blessing to have my son back.
For more Thankful Thursday, click here.