Tuesday, December 23, 2008

We Celebrate!!!!...again!

So..today is a day of celebration, yet again, in our household.

Today, my baby, my 16 year old son, my last born..became the proud owner of an Alabama state driver's license!!

I'm happy for him. I really, really am. He is a good, confident-without being cocky-driver. He most definitely earned that license. He is so thrilled and has already taken his solo run to Jack's to get a milkshake..and a job application! Oh my...where has the time gone?

Only yesterday he was a tiny baby, completely helpless, needing Mom and Dad for everything. Today, he can drive by himself and while he still needs us, it is becoming less and less.

When Beth got her license and job, it was hard...very hard....but I guess with this one being my baby it is a complete reality check.

I find myself wanting to run up to every mom with kids under the age of 10 and tell them to hold tight! enjoy! don't take anything for granted! this will all be a memory too fast! Would they listen? Probably not. I didn't and I'm pretty sure most of you didn't either.

I'm so thankful that I was blessed to be a stay at home mom. I'm so thankful that I was blessed to be able to homeschool my kids and to be able to spend every single day watching them and having continuous opportunities to join in on everything they were doing. My heart breaks for those Moms who have to sacrifice that time. I pray that they will make the most of the time they are blessed with.

Anyway...celebrate with us!! Our son is legal and our insurance premiums just skyrocketed!!!!

Blessings.....

3 comments:

momstheword said...

I know. Boys cost so much more insurance-wise. Now that our oldest is in college and carrying a 4.0 that helps lower it.

My youngest will be driving soon....sigh!

About your comment: My mom always fixed herself up for my dad. As a kid I'd see her in the bathroom in the late afternoon smoothing her hair or straightening her clothes and she would say "I want to make myself look pretty for daddy."

Beth in NC said...

Awwww. I can't imagine our daughter starting school so I can only imagine how you feel.

Happy Birthday to your son!

Love,
Beth

Unknown said...

Congratulations and Happy Birthday! Your doing great for your baby to turn 16, I think I may break down when my baby turns 16. My oldest just turned 16, and that was hard, I really can't imagine my baby right now.