Thursday, December 18, 2008

Missing Blogger--Chapter 1

Did anyone notice that I just kind of....disappeared? I mean, here I am just blogging and posting and "chatting" with you and then all of a sudden....bloop!!!..I'm gone!! What happened? Well..it's going to take more than one post to catch you up, so let's go at this in chapters....

Missing Blogger--Chapter 1

Saturday the 13th, was a good day. Hubby was at home catching up on some things in his shop that he'd been trying to get to for weeks. DD and DS were doing those things that teenage brothers and sisters do and trying to get things done so their boyfriend and girlfriend could come over later that evening. Me, I was doing some laundry and thinking about some errands that I needed to run later that afternoon. The big day was drawing closer and closer..On Monday, DH and I were leaving for Gatlinburg, Tennessee for 3 days in celebration of our 25th wedding anniversary. Oh the anticipation of it all....

It had been so many years since they had taken any real time away...just the two of them...and they were both looking forward to the upcoming time together..

After running some errands, DH and I got back home and the kids arrived soon after, boyfriend and girlfriend in tow. We enjoyed grilled cheese sandwiches...( I made 20 of those things!!!! honestly...20...really...)...and some soup. We enjoyed some M&M cookies and watching some Christmas shows on TV. Oh yes..I needed to be packing, but I pack pretty quickly and I still needed to do some laundry, so I could just pack between church services tomorrow. Oh! That reminded me...I still needed to make some dessert since we were having our "Eatin' Meetin' " after morning service. That was okay, plenty of time...no problem at all....

Boyfriend and girlfriend go home and DH hubby and I go over the rules with our kids about the do's and don't's while we were in Gatlinburg. Now, I must share that this was going to be the first time that we had ever left our teens at home alone for overnight..That had only happened one time before when I was in the hospital. I was a little concerned...not worried....just concerned..okay, a little worried..maybe..just a little...about leaving them, but they're within days away of being 16 & 18..literally...they'll be fine...really they will....

After going over rules and asking questions and being sure everyone understood who was responsible for what and when and where and how and why and by the way, "Can you think of anything that you need to know before we leave???"...DH and I get our showers and it's off to bed.

Each night before going to sleep, Philip and I pray out loud together. It's something we've done for years. I must confess in the beginning I found it a little strange, but it has brought us so much closer together and has strengthened us as a couple before God that I wouldn't trade those times for anything.

I usually pray first, so I begin my prayer. I'm just prayin', talkin' to God and then...oh..something's not right. Ugghhh...not feelin' too good here...Ummm, "...in Jesus' name.." Philip starts his prayer then...


**WARNING---NOT FOR THE SQUEAMISH--PROCEED WITH CAUTION!!!**


Ohhhhh...just not feelin' good.Probably too many M&M cookies. That's what happens when you can't control yourself...Ohhhh.....just say amen already. I need to roll over. "In Jesus name, amen." Quick kiss and hubby asks, "Are you okay?"

"My tummy hurts. Probably too many cookies. I'll be fine."

Famous last words, huh..?

About 1:30 in the morning my eyelids fly open. Something is definitely not right and I've got to get up now!!!!

Stay calm. Just go to the bathroom..you'll be fine ole' gal.

Feel like I might need to bow to the porcelain god. NOT going to happen. Nope. Fight it. Fight it.

Hey! I know!! Pray!!! "God. I really don't want to throw up. You know I'd rather do anything. Help me to feel better some other way. You are God and You can fix this and I pray it in Jesus name!"

Not working. "Please, God. We leave day after tomorrow. Please don't let me be sick. I'm sorry I morphed into the Cookie Monster. I won't ever do that again. Please...please...please..."

30 minutes later....."Okay I give. Whatever it takes. Just hurry."

Amazing how when you allow God to do His thing....He does.

After waking the entire household with my ability to do...uhh...sound effects...DH leads me back to bed. At this point I'm pretty sure it's not Cookie Monster syndrome. I'm pretty sure I've taken my shift at housing the infamous "Stomach Bug". The timing couldn't be worse.

A repeat performance 2 hours later confirms it....our anniversary plans are officially in jeopardy..

2 comments:

momstheword said...

Well, I did wonder what happened to you but people take breaks sometimes and this is the Christmas season!

I have the amazing ability to do sound affects to so you're not alone. Hope you're feeling better by now!

Unknown said...

I was missing you, but I thought Christmas and your anniversary had you busy. Sorry you've been sick!