Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!

Merry Christmas Eve!!

It's back!!! That giddy, little girl feeling I get every year at this time. I'm not going to apologize for it either! Yes, I'm 44 years old, yes, I have 2 teenagers who will be flying away (most likely) in the next 2 or 3 years, yes, I have some gray hair, yes, I have wrinkles..but...I just can't help it.

Last night me, DH and the kids got in our pj's, and drove through a few neighborhoods ooing and ahhing over the Christmas lights. We are fortunate to have a few homes around that literally look like a winter wonderland!! They are breathtaking and I get wide-eyed and giggly every time I see them!!

The sound of my teens in the back seat laughing and poking each other and yelling at the other one to "look out my window!" was music to this mom's ears. In my quest to stop taking things for granted, the voices of my kids has to be at the top of my list.

Another thing I don't want to take for granted is you. You who get on my blog and read my ramblings and comment and encourage me. You have given me the best gift of all...yourself. I pray God's blessings on all of you.

I'm most likely not going to do another post before Friday at best....unless something comes up that I must share with all of you!!..so let me take this time to pray for you.......

Dear Father, I ask You to watch over my friends. I ask you to bless their lives and their families. Thank you for bringing them into my life. Through them, You have given me hope, laughter and love. I ask You to keep them safe and to draw them closer to You that they may know what true peace and love is. Bring them comfort and joy and allow them to see the world around them through Your eyes. In Jesus' name, Amen..

"And while they were there, the time came for her baby to be born. She gave birth to her first child, a son. She wrapped Him snugly in strips of cloth and laid Him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the village inn.That night some shepherds were in the fields outside the village, guarding their flocks of sheep. Suddenly, an angel of the Lord appeared among them and the radiance of the Lord's glory surrounded them. They were terribly frightened, but the angel reassured them. 'Don't be afraid!', he said. 'I bring you good news of great joy for everyone! The Saviour--yes, the Messiah, the Lord--has been born tonight in Bethlehem, the city of David!' And this is how you will recognized Him: You will find a baby lying in a manger, wrapped snugly in strips of cloth!' Suddenly, the angel was joined by a vast host of others--the armies of heaven--praising God: 'Glory to God in the highest Heaven, and peace on earth to all whom God favors." Luke 2: 6-14 NLT

Blessings on you, your family and your Christmas. Remember Jesus. Look to Him, live for Him.

MERRY CHRISTMAS MY FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!

Blessings.....

2 comments:

momstheword said...

Merry Christmas to you too!

Vickie said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS to you also!