Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Random Dozen



Time to share a bit about myself by linking up with Linda over at 2nd Cup of Coffee for Random Dozen. I really love participating in this meme. The questions are fun (although sometimes the answers can be tough) and it's great to read how others think about the same things.

Click here to join us!!

1. Define a great relationship.

The one I have with DH....we each give and take, but think more about the other one's feelings..needs..wants, than our own. It's unconditional love and acceptance even when one of us is acting more like a child than an adult.

2. Why is it called a "drive-through" if you have to stop? (Real question: What was the last food/drink you purchased at a drive-through?)

Good question!!!....and to part B....a roast beef sandwich from Arby's.

3. As I type this, the Butler Bulldogs are getting ready to play in the NCAA championship game. Every Hoosier is hysterical about this except me. So in honor of the Bulldogs ... what is your favorite breed of dog? (I tried.)

This sweet black lab that is living in my yard. He is the most loyal, beautiful, getting on up in years dog that I've ever known.

4. If you had to move to a state besides the one you currently live in, where would you move?

Tennessee....As a matter of fact, we are looking at property that would give us a very simple 'vacation' home!

5. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?

Mom and Dad would be saved and I'd have grown up in a Christian home.

6. Who's the funniest person you know?

My son. He just can't help himself. Even when he's trying to be serious it sometimes comes across as hysterical!

7. Did you get enough sleep last night?

Did I get....enough....sleezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

8. What's the first thing you thought about this morning?

The fact that my left leg was contemplating a charley horse.....

9. Grilled or Fried? --HONESTLY

Fried.

10. Are you afraid of the dark?

Nope. I'm afraid of what's in the dark!!

11.When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?

An English teacher...and I accomplished that and much more. I taught the two most amazing students in the world!!...we homeschooled!!

12. If you had one word to describe yourself , what would you choose?

Loyal

5 comments:

Mom24 said...

Excellent point about the dark. :)

Tennessee is definitely beautiful. I hope it happens for you.

Unknown said...

Come on to Tennessee! We'd love to have you!

I find it funny that the word verification for this comment is "redne". Guess they didn't have room for the "ck".

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Enjoyed stopping by this morning. Your answer to #5 made me sad, but looks like you definitely "rose above" and that is wonderful and I do hope that you parents have since come to a saving faith in our Lord. Blessings to you for the remainder of this week!

SusanD said...

Some people are just naturally funny. Great answer for #10. Thanks for sharing. Blessings, SusanD

Betty W said...

Loyal is good. I like loyal people. Your answer to Nr. 10 was hysterical. :)
I love when my girls are funny. It´s the best thing to laugh with your kids!
Great answers. I enjoyed your blog and will be back.