Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Time to share a bit about myself by linking up with Linda over at 2nd Cup of Coffee for Random Dozen. I really love participating in this meme. The questions are fun (although sometimes the answers can be tough) and it's great to read how others think about the same things.
Click here to join us!!
1. On a scale of 1-10, how superstitious are you, honestly?
0. I actually refer to them as "stupidstitions"!!
2. Julius Caesar is quoted as saying, "I came, I saw, I conquered." Which circumstance or experience of yours does this saying best describe?
Well...I truly don't want to take anything away from the blessings God has provided...so I will say that I met, through the grace of God, the challenges, frustrations and tears for over 5 years with fertility treatments. The result--2 beautiful children!!
3. If I peeked in on your day like a mischievous little leprechaun, at what time would I most likely find you blogging?
Most likely it would be between 7 and 9 AM. Right after DH leaves for work and before my teens get out of bed.
4. Re springing forward for Daylight Saving Time, is there anything you've ever been really early or really late for?
Not anything I can think of. I'm almost anal about being on time for everything!!
5. What are you most looking forward to concerning Spring?
Sunshine!!!!!! This has been the cloudiest winter I've known for quite a long time!!
6. Shamrocks are the national flower of Ireland and are picked on St. Patrick's Day and worn on the lapel or shoulder. Do you wear green on St. Patty's Day?
I did when I was in school and when I worked outside my home....oh! and when the kids were little..but not so much anymore.
7. One of Caesar's assassins, Casca, said, "But, for my own part, it was Greek to me," which of course means he didn't understand something. Probably his own lines in the play. Anyway, what is something that is "Greek to you," something incomprehensible or indecipherable?
My husband's job. He is over maintenance at our local hospital and what he tells me about in his day, for the most part, just flies right over my head!!
8. Is March behaving more like a lion or a lamb where you live?
The weather is calm, but rainy and cloudy....so would that be a dirty lamb or a soaked lion??
9. "An extra yawn one morning in the springtime, an extra snooze one night in the autumn is all that we ask in return for dazzling gifts. We borrow an hour one night in April; we pay it back with golden interest five months later." -Winston Churchill. If you had one extra hour per day every day, what would you do with it?
I'd like to think I'd get more accomplished, but if I'm already busy wasting the time I have, I'd probably end up wasting that hour too.
10. Legend says that every Leprechaun has a pot of gold hidden deep in the Irish countryside. Aside from real gold or money, what material item would be in your dream pot of gold?
Oh man...I try so hard to fight the battle of materialism.....but you say I have to pick something.....my dream kitchen...
11. "The best things are nearest: breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of God just before you." Robert Louis Stevenson. Look around you right now and tell us about something essential or beautiful very near you that you take for granted every day.
The time I spend with my husband and children. I try not to take it for granted, but so often I let life get in my way and I put blinders on my eyes and before I know it...so much time has passed by and I don't even remember it.
12. Just for a bit o' fun, click here (www.blogthings.com/irishnamegenerator/) and then report your Irish name. Mine is "Zoe O'Sullivan." I love it!