Time to share a bit about myself by linking up with Linda over at 2nd Cup of Coffee for Random Dozen. I really love participating in this meme. The questions are fun (although sometimes the answers can be tough) and it's great to read how others think about the same things.
Click here to join us!!
1. How good are you at delaying gratification?
Getting better with time..but I still have a very long way to go. I heard a preacher put it this way, "We are microwave Christians serving a crock pot God." This really makes you stop and think.
2. Maybe a marshmallow wouldn't be too difficult a temptation for you. What food (or anything else) would be most tempting?
Potato chips!!! I am a potato chip fanatic!!!!!!!! I LOVE potato chips!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did I mention I LOVE potato chips!!??
3. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being saintly) how patient are you?
Let's see....before I had children I was a ½---now I'm at least a 3!!!!!!
4. Have you ever waited for something in life only to be disappointed upon realization of the goal/object/etc.?
Sure. Mostly in material things. This is a lesson that God has been trying to teach me for years.....material things only bring temporary pleasures at best.
5. Are you a person who takes shortcuts?
6. Which line is hardest to wait in?
Whichever line I happen to be standing in!
7. Did you wait to discover the gender of your unborn child until its birth?
Well, DD decided for us that we would wait, DS wanted the whole world to know! We had a sonar with both--just couldn't wait!
8. Are you more patient with children or the elderly?
The elderly for sure, children depending on the situation I find myself in.
9. Did you ever sneak a peek at a present?
As a kid living at home, yes....now...NOOOOOO!!!!
10. What is the longest you've ever waited for anything?
5½ years....that's how long it took us to get pregnant with our first blessing.
11. Who has more patience, you or your significant other?
We are about the same, just more patient with different things.
12. Which of the following songs about waiting is your pick for the best? (OK, you may substitute another, if you like.)
A) Anticipation by Carly Simon
B) The Waiting by Tom Petty
C) Right Here Waiting for You by Richard Marx
D) Wait for Me by Rebecca St. James
I'm going to choose another song...While I'm Waiting by John Waller