Time to share a bit about myself by linking up with Linda over at 2nd Cup of Coffee for Random Dozen. I really love participating in this meme. The questions are fun (although sometimes the answers can be tough) and it's great to read how others think about the same things.
Click here to join us!!
1. On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being a cranky-baby-hissy-fitter, how much of a complainer are you?
Normally....a 3 or 4. I'm not a big complainer, mostly because 'whiners' (what I call them) totally get on my nerves!!
2. When someone else is talking, do you listen, or are you thinking about what you're going to say in response?
I tend to veer back and forth. I tend to listen for a while then my mind says, "Oh! When they get done with that comment, say ____________" Then before I know it, I usually have to say, "What was that??" Something I surely need to work on!
3. I just deleted 1062 messages from my email account. Do you have any plans for a clean sweep this month--of anything?
Not really. I usually stay on top of most things like that. I hate clutter of any kind. (DH has rubbed off on me in 26 years!)
4. Tell us about your perfume. Was it a gift? What does it remind you of? Do you have a signature scent?
I wear Sand & Sable. I have worn Sand & Sable since I was 18 years old. My boss at the 2nd job I had out of high school wore it and I fell in love with the scent and that's how I found it and began wearing it. My kids don't call it Sand & Sable, they've dubbed it "Mom's Scent"....I like that...
5. What is your best organizing tip for the new year?
Don't allow clutter. Don't allow anything to pile up. When you come home, put away everything as you bring it in. It actually takes less time to put things straight-away than to come back to them later--usually when you have something else going on...
6. What is your favorite comic strip?
I have two actually...Baby Blues and Zits. They seem to portray real life to me!
7. Do you sleep with a fluffy or flat pillow?
Hmmm....my pillow is big, but firmer. Flat pillows give me a headache and fluffy pillows make me feel like the pillow is trying to snuff the life out of me.
8. What color is your kitchen? Why did you choose that color?
Of course....the one room in our old house we haven't remodeled yet....Let me say I haven't chosen any color in my kitchen. When we do remodel it will be be red and white with hints of black and stainless steel. Right now I have paneling on the bottoms of the wall with veggie wallpaper on the top. My cabinets are a pine color with one counter being pale yellow and my island being red. My floor is a stained white linoleum that does the wave in places....yes it's a mess, but I love my mess!
9. What’s the most interesting bumper sticker you’ve seen?
Total blank....nothing coming to mind...
10. Do you prefer an expensive writing tool or whatever is lying around? (Are you a Montblanc or a Papermate?)
I'm just happy to find a pen that writes!! If I'm buying though, it's a Bic..
11. What chore doesn’t feel like a chore – you just enjoy it (at least most of the time)?
Okay...most will probably think I'm nuts, but....washing dishes. I really don't mind because once the dishes are washed and put away, then I can clean the counters off and everything looks so neat and tidy!!
12. If your parents often repeated themselves, what is something one of them said more than once?
"Did you give everything water?" When I was growing up, my dad had 12-15 hunting dogs at any given time and literally hundreds of chickens. My job was to water everything in the morning and evening and without fail I would always be asked if I gave everything water---may explain why I'm anal about it with the 2 dogs and 1 cat we have now.....