DH and I spent a wonderful weekend talking and just reconnecting. We spoke about priorities and how we'd both like to see things happen within our family unit.
While I'm still not going back to regular posting until mid-next week, I did want to join up with Linda for Random Dozen.
Click here to join in on the fun!
1. Are you sticking to traditional Thanksgiving foods this year, or are you being culinary adventurous?
I always ask the family what they'd like for Thanksgiving dinner and they are very much the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it' folks. We're going traditional.
2. Tell me something concrete that you're thankful for. (Something you can literally touch, see, etc., not a concept like "hope.")
Easy. Philip, Beth and Zack.
3. You knew the flip side was coming: Share about something intangible that you're thankful for.
Salvation, hope and a home in Heaven.
4. Share one vivid Thanksgiving memory. It doesn't have to be deep or meaningful, just something that remains etched in your memory.
Several years ago, we hosted a family for Thanksgiving that had no family in the area to share the day with. It was an older gentleman and his wife and we had probably one of the best days listening to his stories and their adventures. We tried to bless, but ended up being blessed.
5. What is one thing that you know beyond a shadow of a doubt is going to happen this Thanksgiving because it always does, year after year?
Watching the Macy's Day Parade!!
6. Do your pets get any left-overs?
Of course!! Everyone in our family gets to enjoy the special things.
7. Does your family pray before the big meal? If so, do you join hands while seated, stand, repeat a formal prayer or offer a spontaneous prayer? Who does the praying?
Yes, we hold hands and DH leads our prayer. Before that though, we each go around the table and tell about what we are thankful for. I can't remember ever getting through that dry-eyed. There are always many happy tears.....even from my teenage son!..
8. Will you be watching football in the afternoon? If not, what will you be doing?
No, we don't do football. ( I know, I know, living where we live and we're not big on football!!) but it's true. We usually watch a movie, play games and catch naps!!
9. There are two distinct camps of people on this issue: How do you feel about oysters in the dressing/stuffing?
Nope...not going to happen..no way. Nada.
10. Do you consider yourself informed about the first Thanksgiving?
Fairly well. Being a homeschooling family of 12 years, we've studied pretty in depth!
11. Which variety of pie will you be enjoying?
12. Do you feel for the turkey?? (This is a humorous throw back question related to the 12th question in another Random Dozen!)
Sure. I feel for the breast meat, then I feel it as I pick it up and shove it in my mouth. Ole' Tom usually feels pretty good!!!