Friday, November 20, 2009

Being Transparent.......

I know I promised a Created to be His Help Meet post but life has a way of happening.

Anyone who has visited my blog for any length of time knows that being a Biblical wife is my highest earthly priority. So now I'm going to be a bit transparent.....

This morning, my sweet husband let me know that there are a few areas that I'm "dropping the ball" so to speak. It was hard to hear and hard to deal with because submission is an area that I must work on sometimes minute by minute. It doesn't always come easy.

First of all, to my hubby...I'm sorry.

Second, in light of what I've learned, I'll be taking a short break from blogging. I won't be doing daily posts again until December 1st. If God puts something on my heart to share, then I'm sure He'll also allow the time I need to do the post. I hope you'll understand and know that I'll miss each of you, but I will be back soon.

Do check in and see if there has been any action going on.

I do pray that each and every one of you will have a blessed Thanksgiving. I pray that you will truly take the time to slow down, look around and truly be thankful for the bountiful blessings you have.

With Christ's Love.....

6 comments:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I'll miss you! Look forward to your return.

Erich and Jacquie said...

I pray that you are surrounded and protected by God's presence during your time of "sabbatical". Everyone needs time to regroup, re-prioritize and focus on "being still", knowing that He is God and we are helpless without him. God bless you and your family. Happy Thanksgiving.

Bevy @ Treasured Up and Pondered said...

Thanks for being a transparent example... I struggle too, at times it is or can be a minute by minute thing. I appreciate your "stand by your man" attitude.

Happy Thanksgiving!! Be blessed.

Sandy said...

Hey, Deb, I completely understand. You may (or may not) have noticed that I have been "absent" for several weeks now. Enjoy your time off, get those priorities straight, and we'll see you in a week or so. God bless you and your family.

Unknown said...

It's so hard sometimes, and I completely understand. Blogging, Family life, etc...sometimes it's very hard to balance it all. I hope that all goes well and that you re-balance things...and will be here when you get back. At least you're truly being transparent and it's good to re-prioritize...and that you and your hubby have a relationship strong enough to withstand helpful criticism.

Wylie @ Shout A Joyful Noise! said...

Good for you! Have a blessed Thanksgiving! Glad to find your blog!
Joyfully,
Wylie