Saturday, May 8, 2010

What a Week!!!!!!!!!

No...I haven't disappeared, but what a week this has been!!

As everyone knows, I began a new job this past Monday. I'm a front desk receptionist at a busy chiropractic clinic where I live. No big to most people maybe, but to this lady....BIG deal!!

You see, this is my first job in a little over 18 years!! It's way different than being a stay at home mom for sure!!!

To say I've been a bit overwhelmed this week would be an understatement. I've had all of my bloggy friends on my mind and in my heart, but I've just been way too tired to try to post anything. Hopefully with a little time, I can at least do a few posts a week and stay in touch with everyone!!!

I have to admit, by Tuesday evening I had a pretty big deal break down, complete with sobs and the inability to catch my breath. I confessed to DH that I missed him, my kids, my home, my cat, my dog, my laundry, my dirty dishes.....you get the picture. I truly felt that I'd abandoned everything that meant anything at all to me. DD still isn't too thrilled and even DS admitted yesterday that he was missin' his mom.

I'm quite certain this is an adjustment period and that, given a little time, things will fall into a new rut...at this moment though, I find myself second guessing if this is what I should be doing....

About my job...it's very overwhelming right now. So much to learn and so much has changed in the office world since 1982 (the last time I worked in an office setting!!). However, by week's end I found myself remembering more than I was forgetting..so I'm certain that's a good thing. My boss is all business, but a sweetie at heart and his wife and kids are adorable. I get to work with my best girlfriend and another lady that has a tough exterior, but is a sweetie at heart.

And the patients....oh yes...I'm in love. I have met some of the kindest, sweetest people. Definitely a perk to the job!!

So...I'm hoping next week is easier and smoother. Doc said that I came in on a tough week...we were short handed, I'm trying to learn a new job and so was another lady and Doc was trying to run between both of us!!!

It ended on a good note though and at quitting time Friday, Doc leaned over my desk and with smile said, "You made it through the first week....are you coming back Monday???....."

I assured him I was.....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow!! Sorry everything has been so hectic and that you've had a bit of trouble. I have learned from past experience though that (generally) the toughest things to do are often the ones that need doing!! Keeping you in my prayers..and remember to take it one step at a time!!

Journaling Gina said...

Saying a prayer that your next week will continue to get better and better...for everyone....even the kids! Hugs, Gina

Jane In The Jungle said...

Chin up girl, you're doing fine!!