Monday, May 31, 2010

Graduation

On May 22, 2010, we graduated our baby. He is 17 years old and out of high school now. We have homeschooled his whole life...it's all he's ever known. He's a well rounded, intelligent, happy young man and we are so very proud of him.

He has so many things that he enjoys but one of his favorite things is to run sound boards for bands. We've lovingly dubbed him our 'A/V junkie' and while it's a passion for him, with graduation he announced what his plans for the future are....our son is going to enter college in the spring and take 2 years of criminal justice. When he turns 21, he will join the police academy and become a police officer with a goal of being on the SWAT team. (BIG sigh.......) How proud I am and how this Mama heart fills her throat. I'm sure God has big plans for his life. After all, saving him in the womb is proof of that....I trusted God with his life then, and I will continue to trust God for his life now.

Enjoy just a few pictures from his big night!!...



Even celebrating..he's not crazy about crowds!


The big moment...diploma in hand!!


Gift time!! Sure to bring a smile!!

Son...I'm so very proud of you!!! I pray God's blessings on your life...

4 comments:

Alice said...

I don't think I have ever commented here before, but have been reading for a little while. I just wanted to say congratulations to your son, and also to YOU! What an achievement for you BOTH! It's so inspiring for me, because I am at the very start of the journey. My eldest is 5 and we are just beginning homeschooling. It warms my heart to see glimpses of the achievement at the end of the journey! He sounds like a wonderful young man!

Sandy said...

Congratulations! I know you are proud of him. You are entering a new phase of motherhood, and I can say from experience that it is indeed a blessed time! My grown children continue to be a joy. There are still some occasional challenges--after all, we ARE still mothers and they ARE still our children--but it is definitely a time of joy and blessing. God bless you and your family as you enter this marvelous time of your life!

Collette@Jesuslovesmums said...

Wow unbelievable how quick time flies isn't it? He looks v happy and you guys look so proud! What an achievement for all of you. A wonderful time for your family.

Love Collette xxx

Nanci said...

Deb,

Congratulations to the Graduate and the Graduate's Teacher. From reading your blog lately, I see that there are many changes and new directions for your family this year. God bless.

Nanci